GL: Monday 1/29

• Members

Okay, so does anyone here have anything good to say about this show?

'Cause I just watched it and cried my head off...even more so than the episode where Tammy actually died.

I thought it was great seeing how everyone was dealing with Tammy's death. I can't see how anyone would not be impressed with Nicole Forester lately. She was definitely the performer of the day. I could really feel Cassie's pain and anger at having her daughter ripped away from her life and later, trying to be positive in remembering the good times. I thought her scenes with Lizzie were great but WTF is up with Lizzie? She claims to be sad over Tammy's death one minute and the next she's acting like a selfish [!@#$%^&*] still dreaming of having a happy family with Jonathan and Sarah. Beth Chamberlin was great today as well. I could see how disturbed Beth was at the way Lizzie was dealing with Tammy's death.

STFU Reva!!! Seriously...I know Sarah's important but the woman must not be able to fathom the kind of pain Jonathan's going through right now. I thought Tom Pelphrey was fantastic today. He really broke my heart. That wasn't scenery chewing. That was raw pain and anger. I thought that was great when Jonathan questioned what Reva said about Tammy being gone (like she just went shopping or something). Also, when he said that he just wanted to go to sleep and wake up where Tammy was. So. Sad! I did notice after a while that only the table was burning and nothing else but that didn't take away from the writing and acting for me. It surprises me that no one commented on Pelphrey's performance after Jonathan put the fire out. He looked like he was tired of crying..his eyes almost looked dead. He has that same look at the very end when he's rocking Sarah. He went to look at Tammy's wedding picture and the way he teared up...:(

The writing with the Remy scenes were good and even though Lawrence St. Victor isn't the best actor in the world, the writing saved that scene for me. I still cried.

No one has mentioned Mandy Bruno's performance, either. I was wondering WTH Marina wasn't reacting to losing a friend but then later, she just broke down and we later realize that she just couldn't help feeling that way despite the fact that she wanted to act like a "real cop"..great work by MB. Another thing that struck me was that other than Alan, someone has brought up the idea that Jonathan is also to blame for Tammy's death. Of course, Jonathan isn't but indirectly, he is. I think it's a realistic reaction so kudos to the writers for putting that in.

The scenes with RJ...OMG, I cried some more. Especially when RJ showed Josh & Cassie the second drawing he made which included the angel, Richard...and he was saying how much Tammy loved Richard. I wish we had actually gotten to hear what Josh & Cassie said to break the news to RJ and more of RJ's reaction but I also thought the way they portrayed him being told (the scene being silenced out) was good.

I have not been getting much of a mourning vibe from Reva at all. She still seems to be all about Sarah but I finally did see her tear up looking at the wedding pictures. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not..I'd like to think it's the former.

That song they've been playing lately is soo sad but very beautiful at the same time.

Again, the show had some minor problems here and there but overall, I thought it was very moving and everyone's performance (except for Zimmer, Marcy Rylan, and LSV) was phenomenal.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm too lazy to edit my post to add this quote but I had to respond.

My main problem with this scene is Reva. I could feel and understand Jonathan's pain...I get why he is reacting with such anger..and when Reva first comes in, he gets even angrier because it makes no sense to him why she would try and stop him from killing Alan. After all, why would the guy to deserve to live after what he's done. I do get that Reva doesn't want Jonathan to go to jail, doesn't want Sarah growing up without a father, knows that Jonathan killing Alan wouldn't be what Tammy wants but...in the context of the situation and where Jonathan is right now at an emotional level, Reva's incessant screaming at him to stop what he's doing and to think of his daughter sounds incredibly selfish and insensitive. It's almost as if she's trying to downplay Tammy's death..as if she's saying "Tammy's gone now so get over it because Sarah's still alive and she needs you". Jonathan calls Reva on her attitude for a second but not enough.

I stopped being a fan of the TP/KZ acting dynamic a long time ago but I don't think TP was overracting here. His character was and it made sense. People can completely lose it when they're grieving and angry. KZ, on the other hand, I just can't get into her performances as of late because it seems like Reva is taking Tammy's death too easily. That was her niece who she seemed pretty close to before Jonathan came into the picture! It makes no sense to act so calm and rational about this. I bet you if Josh had died or Sarah had died, she'd be going stir-crazy mad.

But to oversimply things, is it really surprising that someone who was trying to stop someone else from burning a house down wouldn't overreact the way Reva did with Jonathan? Sounds realistic to me.

• Members

IA. I'm totally seeing your perspective.

On a sort of related note, I don't understand why they went one week of Reva have another cancer scare and going through histrionics over that, follow that up with Tammy's death and more histrionics from Reva, and now with Jonathan this week and more of the same from Reva. It makes it seem like it's all about Reva and I'm sure this will all turn into another Reva story after this week is over. Because of this, I find myself rolling my eyes everytime Reva starts up again because it just seems like it never ends. This is where some subtlety might work for KZ, because she gets very dramatic about every little thing. But, I guess that's who Reva is.

Anyway, it has been a really good, entertaining couple of weeks.

Archived