Mystery deepens on Mo. boy’s 4-year absence

DruRocks

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read about all of this yesterday. It's all very strange.

Maybe he had Stockholm Syndrome... y'know. That's when people who have been kidnapped end up sympathizing and even helping their kidnappers for some reason.

• Members

Its not odd at all for someone who has been kidnapped not to run. People are trying to make it seem like it would be so simple when in fact its the exact opposite. He was probably told if he left that he would get killed, or his family would be killed or that his family didn't love him anymore. What needs to happen is for the media to get out of his face so he can get on the road path to recovery.

• Members

Well, when Steven (forgot his last name, but a movie was based on him) was kidnapped, he too hada many opportunities to escape, but he didn't...It doesn't necessarily mean that he liked staying with his captor...sometimes it could be simply out of fear...I hope folks don't take all of this and just run with it and deem that he should have "known" to run.

• Members

I saw a movie based on Steven (I think his last name was Schneider) and read a book about him. Sadly, he was killed a couple years after he escaped. He escaped when his kidnapper brought another boy to the house and Steven was afraid he would molest him as the kidnapper had molested him.

I am in no means an expert on this, but it does sound like Stockholm Syndrome. We don't know what was being done to this boy and the psychological abuse he was facing. To just say, hey, send a PM to someone. What if he sent one to someone and they didn't believe him. He very well could have been thinking no one would believe him and if the kidnapper found out, he would be killed.

OT: regarding the Steven story from a while back, remember the Yellowstone killings a few years back where a couple people were killed in Yellowstone National Park? I think it was 2 women hikers. Steven's brother Cary was convicted of the killings.

• Members

I heard this on the news and even though if you don't put your brain to it it sounds like it's really strange I agree with what some are saying like he could have bene in fear. We don't know what happened to him while he was there in that apartment, and he could have been threateneed by Devlin. The news made it sound so confusing, but it could be simple.

Sure, the boy was out alot but mabye he was afraid of what Devlin would do if he went back to his home.....he couldv'e though that if Devlin found him he would sneak in one night and kill him and possibly his own family. Who knows!

The child was young when he was kidnapped, and depending on how he thought his kidnapper could have drilled it into his head that if he escapes he WILL find him. Then he went for four years thinking of that and constantly living in fear....you never know.

Archived