2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This might sound a little ornery but I dont think shes the [!@#$%^&*] or anything , I just dont think she is bad or hurting GH. I think it's the writing. I know Jill is a hard ass but I dont think she has anything to do with what is wrong with GH, that would be Guza who I also like, and I feel he needs a break.

• Members

I see your point, personally, I think GH's problems are a combination of Guza, JFP, and Frons all having their hands in the cookie jar. Guza's first stint on the show was good, but I think mainly due to the fact that Claire Labine left storyline outlines for him to follow. His subsequent returns have left A LOT to be desired. Not to mention, the balance on GH is an utter disaster.

Anyway, I was mainly referring to Jill's stints on GL, AW, and OLTL. I've never seen an EP come and work that hard to kill those shows at the time, as Jill did. Though, her first 2.5 years on GL were spectacular, but that credit goes to the amazing writing team GL had at the time. Then Jill made stupid decision to kill off certain characters and to let certain actors go and the show never recovered.

AW was a completely botched attempt and definetely the worst work on Jill's career. I think you already know how I feel about her OLTL stint. ;)

Archived