Terri Ivens and DOOL

• Members
Simone (Terri Ivens) just died on AMC, and I'm hoping that Days picks her up! She and James Scott played such a phenominal couple on AMC as Simone and Ethan, that I think it would be great if these two paired up again on a soap as a couple. I'm thinking EJ needs a new lady love! :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to be completely honest, I LOVE Terri Ivens, and would really like her on Days, but we do not need anymore newbies on Days right now. I mean, Days is already having to make budget cuts possibly for Eileen Davidson, Joe Mascolo and Louise Sorel, but also they have to make budget cuts just because they have to as well.

We already have plenty of people/newbies on Days with Nick and Willow, we don't need to be come like OLTL and have a whole batch of them.

• Members

jflval, I think that is an excellent idea. I love Terri Ivens. She has great range and was totally wasted at AMC. She resides in LA and I think the soap format is suited well to her lifesyle as a wife and mother.

Days has let go several actors, but I suppose there are several reasons, chief among them being salary and storyline direction of the new Head Writer. Although I do think it is possible for Eileen Davidson to be returning for a limited run to the show, I doubt that JM or LS will be back.

Days does have need of women. With Lexie, Bonnie, Carrie, Stephanie, Jennifer and possibly Mimi all gone, the show NEEDS some women. I would trade Willow for a character played by Terri anyday.

• Members

Days is hardly newbie-central these days. The only new characters we've been introduced to this year are Willow, Stephanie, Nick and EJ. And they've all been introduced into existing character's storylines, not in their own set. And Stephanie is going off contract and recurring.

Bring on Ivens.

• Members

I kinda agree with Drew. Newbies aren't that bad so long as they are not shoved down our throats and are not in a horrendous storyline. Technically DAYS does not have a horrible SL now (rare! But true!!) so a new character wouldn't be bad. New characters DO work sometimes. EJ is a perfect example of this. He was weaved in perfectly and drew interest without dominating the scene. DAYS can do it again... after all... Kristen was a new character, just a simple social worker who just came to town and started mixing things up with John when Marlena was pregnant with Belle!!

• Members

Well, I disagree. EJ should be paired with no one. That man should be used for two things: evil plots and to be a piece of meat who parades around shirtless and sleeps with AT least a different woman, once a week. He should definitely have orgies, too. :wub: I see him as all about mischief and pleasure. Therefore he should plot and NEVER have an honest relationship. EJ, at his best, should be stiff at all times,shamelessly spreading his love ALL over Salem. With EVERY woman in sight, except for perhaps Marlena. But day players, Billie, Chelsea, Kate, Sami, Willow, Mimi...they ALL should have a piece of him. In a perfect world, that's the way it would be. Also, EJ's bedroom should LITERALLY have a revolving door, just to boost his sex appeal.

• Members

I do resent the influx of new characters when so many of the vets are leaving but it will create a problem.

Men without women:

Abe

Roman

Victor

Philip

EJ

Reportedly coming:

Connor Lockhart

Rumored to be coming:

Dr. Mike Horton and Jeremy

Uncertain status:

Benji

I liked Terri Ivens on AMC and she was never given the chance to show what she can do as an actress while working there. I think she could play an excellent Dimera, Kiriakis, Drake or Alamain...

If DOOL has to bring in new blood I would like for it to be someone with talent and Terri would definitely be an asset to the show.

• Members

More like a gay "month." :)

Anyway, i was thinking about this yesterday and, EJ, if on "Passions," based on the character's money and power and being a spoiled brat his whole life, AND having loose morals that are based on pleasure and power, would TOTALLY be into the leather and S&M scene and all those freaky sexual rituals. It would be hilarious if "Days" had such fun with the character and we saw him decked in leather and whipping a group of girls.

Archived