SOD: Another DAYS Cover...

• Members

How is he REWRITING history? I don't see him rewriting history at all since it has pretty much been accepted that Bo was going to end up being the father ANYWAY. And again, if you are refering to Dr.Bader's history being rewritten, well all I can say is that if that is the WORST thing that Hogan is going to do, is rewrite history for a NON-CHARACTER, not to mention a character that we have seen maybe 5 times in the last 2-3 years, than we might as well just get rid of him right NOW!

:rolleyes:

Seriously, people just try to pick at the SMALLEST thing possible. I mean this is going to completely eliminate probably one of the worst characters (and actors) on the canvas from polluting Bo & Hope's stories. I couldn't be MORE greatful to Hogan for getting rid of him!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now we just need Hogan to kill Patrick off so he can never come back...a Patrick murder mystery could be great...

suspects:

Bo- protect hope

Hope- because he switched the results

Shawn- protect hope

EJ- so he won't get discovered as the gloved hand

i'm sure there could be many others....

• Members

:blink: Sure, and slavery never existed because emancipation followed? :wacko:

Yes, if that was the WORST thing Hogan was going to do, then who cares. But how do you know this isn't the LEAST worst thing he will do? None of us know - we'll have to watch it play out. However, its not a good sign. Given that DAYS has been a crapfest for the majority of 1999 to about now (with a brief upswing from Brash & Cwikly), I think anybody is entitled to their fears, skepticism, caution and pickiness. After all the "Plans to fix DAYS", "New beginning for DAYS" etc., trust in this show to deliver has been worn down. That would explain why the viewers haven't returned in masses and the ratings remain flat. People aren't trying to pick the smallest thing possible, as you say. They're trying to be cautious so they don't get their hopes up again, only to be dissapointed yet again. They're looking for the warning signs - nobody said get rid of him - whats with the histrionics? And yes, while its Hogan Sheffer and not JERk, Langan, Hackley etc. writing, the show is still DAYS, and viewer faith in this franchise is low, and for good reason too. While you may be the eternal optimist, others remember the modified adage "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice (thrice, 4, 5,... 7 years!), shame on me!".

If you don't believe people are entitled to any of the above views, then this isn't even worth discussing further.

Besides, this is now being blown out of proportion.

• Members

Dr. Bader is Marlena's friend. She is the one she was pals with and the one she went to when she was pregnant with Roman's baby. I like her and think she deserves better than this and Marlena should be very sad if this writing is true to history. So, for that reason, I think the choice of implicating Dr. Bader was a thoughtless, careless and mean one unless as Ponz stated, she was threatened for her family and only that could be forgivable in my opinion.

• Members

I am with Mitch. It bugs me but it is not rewritten history. I am more annoyed at the fact that Hope is not farther along then she is based on Bo being the father. That is something that affects two main characters rather then a character that pops up for like 4 episodes a year if that taking a bribe from another character no one likes.

The Dr. Bader thing is nitpicking because it a minor issue at best. Bo being the father when him and Hope haven't had sex since like December is a bigger issue, not that time matters on Days. At least the last time Days had an out when Bo was a mime-there really isn't that out this time. I can't wait to read the Bope article to hear everything explained in detail.

Nonetheless, this all sounds great and let's just sit back and enjoy. I won't judge anything Hogan or Days does overall until we reach 6 months under the new regime. That will be a good benchmark to see how everything is really doing.

• Members

The fact that Dr. Bader and Marlena are friends is enough to care about her being implicated for convenience of a story. The glove could have served quite well and put the blame where most of the other things being manipulated are coming from. I don't think Dr. Bader would be anything like Eve, but if she is, guess she gets the bullet, too.

Archived