Is MyNetworkTV covered in "Digest"?

bellcurve

• Members

MyNetworkTV, despite the fact that these shows air in primetime and are not the standard traditional soap operas, why are they not covered in Soap Opera Digest? If they are, then maybe I missed something.

But I e-mailed Carolyn Hinsey and asked her if she plans on doing an opinion column about DESIRE and FASHION HOUSE and she said, "I'll think about it."

WHY is SOD thinking about it? I may consider buying Digest again if there were more recaps, interviews, and news(not spoilers, but news) about MyNetworkTV, a network channel that is, eseentially, a mini-version of SOAPnet.

Are the big three forcing SOD to not cover these shows in their magazine because these two shows are competition for them(especially AMC and OLTL, which both air in primetime on SOAPnet). I just really wanna know.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Network TV bought a two-page ad that ran in Soap Opera Digest magazine in early September.

It's obvious that My Network TV know that they have to reach that daytime soap audience and that's why they bought a two-page ad in SOD.

I also think that Soap Opera Digest and Soap Opera Weekly should add these two telenovelas to their news, spoilers, & recaps coverage.

The only magazine that I saw cover anything My Network TV related was the ABC Soaps In Depth magazine and that's only because Morgan Fairchild (ex-Sydney, "The City") was a former ABC Daytime star who is now on MNTV's Fashion House. But for the most part Soaps In Depth only cover ABC & CBS soaps. They stopped publication of their NBC magazine over 10 years ago.

The My Network TV telenovelas (Desire & Fashion House) air when "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" are in primetime on Soap Net.

Perhaps ABC and Soap Net are not happy about the competition from My Network TV and that's why the soap magazines are not covering them.

Archived