Thursday's Ratings - TV has NEW #1 show!

Toups

• Members

Woohoo!!!!

Grey's deserves to be #1 and I'm thrilled it finally is. I think it can maintain a lead over CSI because of it's continuing plotlines as opposed to CSI's stand-alone format.

I'm also glad to see The Office beat My Name is Earl, imo it's a much funnier show.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually switched back and saw that part... not that anxious to see next week's, though the murder with the replica scene seems somewhat interesting.

I'm surprised "The Office" beat "My Name Is Earl" (and glad, I love Office more than "Earl"), they have really hyped it up since it's Emmy win.

• Members

About a year or two ago, I would agree with you but the last half of last year the show recovered creatively big time. It returned focus back to the ER rather then African and such and they have a rootable couple in Luka/Abby. The season finale and premiere for this year were superb and next week looks amazing. As long as it continues to do well and hold it's own, ER is going nowhere. I was so close to tuning out at the end of season 11 but now I find it better then Grey's Anatomy, which I feel is overrated but that IMO so to each his or her own :)

• Members

Thursday night is a tough night....there are just too many choices to watch. I really enjoy Earl, but usually choose Survivor. I've always liked CSI, but have been enjoying Grey's much more, so I chose that. I wanted to see 6 degrees, but wanted to see the conclusion to the ER finale from last season.

I could tape the ones I miss, but I'm too lazy to...guess I'll have to catch the shows I miss in reruns. :mellow:

• Members

Like I said in the GA thread, YES! Finally a show has ousted CSI, and deservedly so!! CSI has been number one for so long!! I can just imagine what will happen when GA gets bigger and better with its stories. The show has finally established itself and all the "Desperate Housewives" lead-in talk can be put to rest!!

LOL..

Honestly I don't see where all the "non-shocking" or this was expecting thing has come from... Everyone doubted that GA was going to make it on Thursdays. It was always labelled to be good because of its lead in. And the whole GA has to live up to its in its 2nd week thing doesn't really seem that much of a biggie. GA spent ALL SEASON last year doing this. When it ousted DH they said "it was a big week, will it do it next" and then it spent the rest of the season ousting DH.

CSI was "TV" it was TV's biggest show, not a network's biggest show, but TV's biggest show... it looks like GA is headed in that direction.

• Members

29 million for last year as opposed to 22 million this year. Wow. Huge drop.

Grey's is just taking off in terms of buzz IMO. It started when they started beating its lead in of DH.

I am very anxious to see how DH fairs. It really got good again near the end of last season after a disappointing slew of episodes. The premiere last year IMO was the best single episode of this series then quickly went downhill. The promos look interesting and I can't wait for the premiere. Marc Cherry is back really involved so hopefully that means good things.

If Brothers & Sisters can be a hit (which I think there is a good chance of happening) CBS's dominence I think is all but over. ABC has won the nightly races almost every night so far. ABC has come along way... all on the backs of DH, Lost and Grey's Anatomy. Now if only ABC could get their daytime department up to that level, they'd be the most dominant network on TV ;)

Zap2it.com is saying Ghost Whisperer posted a 6.4/12 in the 8pm hour.

It placed 2nd in its timeslot behind Deal or No Deal which posted a 7.4/13

• Administrator

I forgot about Ugly Betty. Now that's 7 shows for me on Thursday nights!

Then when NBC airs The Black Donnelly's during mid-season, it'll be 8 shows. :o

This will probably by The OC's last season, so I'll stay loyal to it.

• Members

Wow..Andre...Issues?

To make is simple...CSI has been on for a longer time than GA. Fact right?

GA has become the MUST see show over the past two years..Fact right?

When you put the two against each other...who do you think would win?

It is common sense..that is all I was saying.

Not needing your immature comments regarding my posts....

I have not read anywhere where anyone thought GA would be in trouble going against CSI...as it looks..>BOTH shows are goign to go well....but only one can be the winner...

if that makes me more knowledagble than you...I guess I have to accept that.

Archived