Desire: Week 1 (Premiere Week)

Ryan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jesus, DESIRE was just downright awful. I think the only one that's good is the chick who plays the lead role(forget the character's names). She has great on-screen presence. DESIRE just left a lot to be...well...desired. The long haired brother is hot and sexy, but can't act worth a [!@#$%^&*]. To be frank, I think PASSIONS has a new competitor for "Worst Acting In a Drama Series."

But, I'll give it a week to see if I like it or not.

P.S. I bet anything someone stumbles onto the opening credits, having never seen the show, and assume the two brothers are lovers(because of the embrace at the end). The theme song is ALL WRONG for this novela. Way too sweet, reminds me even a bit of PASSIONS's theme song.

• Members

I LOVED the opening. I thought it was better than the one for "Fashion House".

I wasn't overly impressed. Too many stylistic elements replacing story and it went fast. I went to switch loads of laundry and Louis had gone from getting huffy about Alex's risotto to running from Gamarra's thugs. I felt a lot of the emotional material fell flat. Andrea breaking it off with George started off horribly but ended stronger. Vivian Gray rubbed me the wrong way as Suzy, and I really enjoyed her in the prequels. Overall, just too many things happening. I wish they had stayed in Jersey longer, had held off on the Peter is the daddy revelation, and just slowed in down instead of rushing around trying to get the boys to Beverly Hills so fast.

I did like the Marsten stuff even though I think Tomy Dunster isn't only slightly better than his "AMC" days. Milos is grand. I also enjoyed Eliana Alexander as Rita.

I'll stay tuned as I hope the rushed premier will slow down a bit as they've seemed to established the backstory well enough.

• Members

I missed yesterday's episodes. I was working, and figured I would have a west coast feed to watch em on and I don't. Taped tonights, only seen the first 20 min of Desire ... very meh right now, but the premise is very good so it should improve as the story goes.

What is the theme song for this show??? I require this for my ipod!

• Members

I'm watching Desire.

My biggest problem with Desire is that Andrea (the main character) is not a very sympathetic character. She's such a !@#$%^&*]. She's not likeable. She is such a spoiled brat. What is her problem?

She got mad at George because he proposed to her at her birthday party. She was obviously leading him on and George hasn't done anything to Andrea. As far as Andrea knows George is an okay guy. Of course the audience knows that George only wants her for her money but, Andrea doesn't know this info.

Now Andrea has the Thomas brothers wanting to date her. She has three guys chasing after her. She's such a prima donna.

If the audience can't get behind the so-called star of the telenovela then it's not going to succeed.

I would like Desire so much if the Thomas brothers were fighting over another woman who wasn't so stuck- up like Andrea.

But, I will continue to watch the series even though I think Andrea is an awful main character.

• Members

I cant get behind the Desire cast either.

The blonde brother as mentioned is very wooden, delivers horrible dialog --- and I just can't stand his hair! (Shallow ... I know, but it's a freakin' bowl cut :lol: )

Andrea is very boring, unsympathetic, and unengaging. Complete opposite of Michelle on Fashion House.

The long haired bro is okay.

I hated Juan Pablo on AMC and I hate him here more!

the rest? Who cares.

I'm still half watching, but its not holding me.

• Members

I don't like Louis either. He is the reason why his family is in so much trouble. He can't resist temptation. He is the reason why his uncle is now dead. Louis is a womanizer. The first episode showed Louis having sex with two different women in the same day. And now he thinks he's in love with Andrea. At least Alex has some self-control.

Also, Louis was about to get into a fight with George and cause him and Alex to lose their jobs at the restaurant. Alex had to stop him because he knew that they needed the money.

I like Tomy Dunster (George; AMC's Juan Pablo). I liked him on AMC so I like him on Desire even though his character is a villain.

• Members

Recap show - One of the best ideas the network could have done. Loved the show after watching it. One thing thats hard about getting into a new show is that there's so many characters, alot going on and it can be tough to absorb. The recap show did a good job of condensing things in a small package and I understood the show and what was going on alot better. I dont think I'll watch on a daily basis bc its alot to keep up with but I definetly will be watching the recap episode every Sunday night.

I have to say, I love Alex and Im rooting for him. Dont care much for the brother

• Members

Episode 2 was SOOO much better than the premier. I loved the addition of Fiona and Christoph. They added some more energy to the story. I'm really liking Al Bandiero and Eliana Alexander as the parents. I was shocked to see Mr. Turner from "Boy Meets World" as Rita's brother. The story is becoming more solid. I still am not completely engaged in the entire story but things seem to be getting better with each episode.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived