Sissy Spacek

OneLife Fan

• Members

From the Top 10 Fave Actress category..i see many of you have Sissy Spacek as one of ur Top 10. Therefor i decided to start a thread on this wonderful actress. She is a true natural performer. By the way...thank you Rick for that PM u sent me. I am also happy to come across another Spacek fan. :) I have been a HUGE fan of Sissy's for quite some time. She is labeled as one of the most popular actresses in the 70' and 80's. I cant wait to see her in North Country and i hope she gets an Oscar nod. I think she should have won Best Actress in 2002 for "In the Bedroom" but the win went to Halle Berry. Oh well..at least Sissy won the Golden Globe award for Best Actress in a drama. Through the years she has delivered powerful performances again and again. "Carrie" and "Coal Miners Daughter" are two of my faves . I also really love " "Missing", "The River","Crimes Of The Heart", and "In the Bedroom". All of which she has recieved Oscar nominations for Best Actress in all of those movies. Spacek is a quite and intense actress and she portrays great emotion with such ease. She is one of cinema's greatest dramatic actresses and she is a GEM in my eyes.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great post OLF. Spacek is definitely one of the best Actress's of the last 50 years. She seems so comfortable in her films. She once said in an interview that when filming a movie, she tries to stay in character 24/7 so it's more believable. Todd Field let her redecorated the kitchen for "In the bedroom" because she felt that was the way the character would have the kitchen decorated.

From her dramatic films (Carrie, The River) to her Comedic turns (Blast from the past) she is one of those actress's who make you think you are actually peeking into someones personal life, rather than watching someone act in a movie. At this years Oscars she has Three films eligible for nominations.....North Country, Nine Lives and American Haunting. Let's hope she gets a nod for at least one :)

Here are some of her Accolades.

Academy Awards-

2002 Nominated for In the Bedroom

1987 Nominated for Crimes of the Heart

1985 Nominated for The River

1983 Nominated for Missing

1981 Won for Coal Miner's Daughter

1977 Nominated for Carrie

Golden Globes -

2002 Won Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama for: In the Bedroom

1987 Won Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical for: Crimes of the Heart

1985 Nominated Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama for: The River

1983 Nominated Golden Globe Best Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama for: Missing (1982)

1982 Nominated Golden Globe Best Motion Picture Actress - Drama for: Raggedy Man

1981 Won Golden Globe Best Motion Picture Actress - Musical/Comedy for: Coal Miner's Daughter

Golden Satellite Awards

2003 Nominated GSA Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television for: Last Call

2002 Won Golden Satellite Award Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama for: In the Bedroom

2002 Nominated Golden Satellite Award Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television for: Midwives (2001) (TV)

2000 Nominated Golden Satellite Award Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role, Drama for: The Straight Story

BAFTA Award Nominations (British Oscars) -

2002 Nominated Best Actress in a Leading Role for: In the Bedroom

1983 Nominated Best Actress for: Missing

1982 Nominated Best Actress for: Coal Miner's Daughter

1975 Nominated Best Newcomer for: Badlands

New York Film Critics Circle Awards

2001 Won NYFCC Award Best Actress for: In the Bedroom

1986 Won NYFCC Award Best Actress for: Crimes of the Heart

1981 Won NYFCC Award Best Actress for: Coal Miner's Daughter

1977 Won NYFCC Award Best Supporting Actress for: 3 Women

Screen Actors Guild Awards

2002 Nominated Actor Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role for: In the Bedroom

2002 Nominated Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries for: Midwives

1995 Nominated Actor Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a TV Movie or Miniseries for: A Place for Annie

Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards

2001 Won LAFCA Award Best Actress for: In the Bedroom

1980 Won LAFCA Award Best Actress for: Coal Miner's Daughter

National Society of Film Critics Awards, USA

1981 Won NSFC Award Best Actress for: Coal Miner's Daughter

1977 Won NSFC Award Best Actress for: Carrie

American Film Institute -

2002 AFI Actor of the Year "In the Bedroom"

Boston Film Festival

2001 Won Film Excellence Award

Southeastern Film Critics Association Awards

2001 Won SEFCA Award Best Actress for: In the Bedroom

Sundance Film Festival

2001 Won Special Jury Prize Dramatic for: In the Bedroom

Vancouver Film Critics Circle

2002 Won VFCC Award Best Actress for: In the Bedroom

Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards

2002 Won BFCA Award Best Actress for: In the Bedroom

Dallas-Forth Worth Film Critics Association Awards

2002 Won DFWFCA Award Best Actress for: In the Bedroom

Florida Film Critics Circle Awards

2002 Won FFCC Award Best Actress for: In the Bedroom

Independent Spirit Awards

2002 Won Independent Spirit Award Best Female Lead for: In the Bedroom

National Board of Review, USA

1980 Won NBR Award Best Actress for: Coal Miner's Daughter (1980)

• Members

WOW..thank u Rick for adding all the noms and wins for Sissy. I know of most of them except a few critic circle awards such as the Vancouver one and Los Angeles. Where do u get all this information? Id like to check it out. Oh and another movie i am so fond of is " The Long Walk Home". Man..Sissy and Whoopi were fantastic. Gorgeous performances in that movie.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived