Y&R Spoiler: Brad/George

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps he is worse than Gloria,who knows? But one thing is for sure. Brad is loved by LML just like she loves Gloria. He is clearly a favorite of hers. First the big storyline invovling Brad this summer now this. It is too bad she writes so poorly for Victoria. Victoria should have ditched Brad some time ago after all that happen with his great adventure regarding his true(fake?) identity. If what is said is true Brad shall have his cake and eat it too regardless of what Victoria thinks or wants.

• Members

Still Brad... his real identity is suppose to be under wraps, but with his mother and jewish roots coming out of hiding, I have to wonder how no one outside of the people that know won't question him.

As for Victoria, I'm glad Brad is making her appear to be an idiot, because that's what she is for marrying that money grubbing man-ho. The Brad/Sharon reveal will only make her look like more of an idiot, because it will prove what everyone's been saying about him.

• Members

I think I know how Brad is going to come into millions. One word. One word I hoped we heard the last of. Reliquary.

He's been having J.T. search for the real reliquary that the Nazis were looking for. We know the reliquary itself isn't worth that much, but there must be something valuable inside.

• Members

Good deduction crc. If this is the case then Brad/George is still the sleezy opportunist we have know him to be all this time. He could get JT into more danger looking for this reliquary which would make Brad/George beneath comtempt even more.

• Members

Here's a SOW interview a friend of mine printed up (last weeks SOW so it's old now) for me about Amelia's take on Victoria and the Brad stuff. I thought it was interesting.

SOW: For awhile, Victoria was floating around all the action, from Brad's Nazi secret to his fling w/ Sharon, without being involved or even aware of it. What was it like to play that?

AH: I'm grateful for it, I guess. It gives you a chance to get settled in and get used to everybody. But I'm also grateful that I'm finally more involved. Everybody seemed to know more than Victoria did. Whenever there was a secret on the show, like Nick cheating on Sharon or Phyllis being pregnant, my character was always the last to find out.

SOW: We're seeing a fire in Victoria that we haven't seen since you took on the role and she went up against Nick. Was learning the truth about Brad's history a wake up call for her?

AH: Definitely. I was tired of Victoria not knowing about Sharon and she still doesn't really know about her. I wish they would hurry up and break that story, bc as an actress, I feel like a jackass. I am still too far on the outside. As this savvy businesswoman, that's in charge of a whole company, you'd think she would have a clue. I attribute it to Victoria being completely smitten, in love and really wanting this marriage to work.

SOW: BC she loves her husband?

AH: She's also trying to save face. She has a conversation w/ her brother where he says he wouldn't stay married to Brad and she says "No, I'm staying." It's like "So there!". She pushed so hard to marry this guy in the first place, so she's got to make this work in front of her family, if not for herself then for her pride and her ego. I don't think she trusts Brad very much anymore, which is a good thing. There's one scene where she hired a lawyer--not to divorce him now, but bc that's where it might go one day. She knows that if someone lies about one small thing, let alone a big thing, they're capable of lying about a lot of things.

SOW: And he snapped someone's neck w/ his legs!

AH: Don (Diamont, Brad) jokes that actually makes Victoria highly attracted to him--even more so than before.

SOW: Is this something they can get past?

AH: The whole mother story and him being Jewish, absolutely. There's even a show coming up where we have our yarmulkes on and have a new year (Rosh Hashanah) party. That's cool, right? Don said people are really responding to that storyline. But there's always something else, and if Victoria finds out about Sharon, it will not be okay. That will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. They could keep the whole story a secret for a long time, but I think the audience is getting frustrated with Don. What a jerk! I don't get why they would do that to Brad. It's a soap, so everybody likes that stuff, but it's hard to justify that fling and then his stringing her on for so long.

SOW: Are you looking forward to playing that reveal w/ Sharon Case?

AH: I can't wait! I'm dying to do that. It's just another thing where she's an idiot, bc they slept together! And he talks about it like he's not remorseful for what they did. He loves her and he loves Victoria. He should not get away with that!

SOW: It's come full circle. Victoria slept w/ JT, then Phyllis w/ Nick and Sharon w/ Brad, and back to Victoria.

AH: Yes. But Brad and Victoria weren't married when she slept w/ JT. They weren't even together and she was remorseful. She told him, "We weren't together, but I love you and I'm sorry I did that." He's not even sorry. He and Sharon still share these moments.

SOW: If you could give her a piece of advice, what would it be?

AH: Just the fact that he kissed Sharon is too much. He and Victoria haven't been married that long! If my husband did that? I would have been out the door. I'm sorry. I don't' think Victoria would put up with that either. You know, Victor is in this state of mind where he's happy and on this journey for spirituality, but I think once that ends, he's going to have a lot to do w/ Victoria waking up and smelling the coffee. He wouldn't allow something like this to happen. When he comes back to his senses, he'll see what's going on and he'll help her. He's her mentor and he'll snap her back into place.

SOW: How long have you been in daytime now?

AH: 3 years on Loving, 3 years on AMC, so now were at 7 1/2 years in daytime.

SOW: What have been your favorite moments?

AH: Meeting my son's dad was pretty cool, bc we had August (now 10) and that was a good time. Coming here has been amazing, too, bc this show is great.

SOW: How do you think the industry has changed over the years?

AH: It doesn't seem that different, to tell the truth. I started in '92. The audiences have gone down a bit since then and there used to be a lot more appearances. We used to go to all kinds of places and it was always a charity event. We were even at the White House once. Loving and all the ABC shows got a tour and we did this thing on the Washington Mall. But as far as the shows changing, not one bit. Same sets, same pace...

SOW: What about you: How have you changed since you landed in daytime?

AH: I've gotten older (laughs). I've seen people who come in and hone their craft very quickly. You get to a comfort level and start to experiment more. It's taken me longer than most people, but I've gotten better. I don't think I've gotten worse!

SOW: And personally, do you feel as though you've calmed or mellowed?

AH: I had August when I was 22, so I never actually went wild. There was no time. Maybe I will go wild when he's grown up.

SOW: Did you name August for the month that just ended?

AH: No. It was August when I thought of his name, but I didn't name him August for that reason. I was having a hard time with a boy's name. We went through Oscar, Otis, Jack, Henry....My middle name is March and I like month names, so one day I started listing them off, "June, July, August---August works!" It turns out it's a family name. It's German and means "One that is well-respected." I liked it and you don't hear it a lot.

SOW: Have you run into your currently off-again ex-boyfriend Dax Griffin now that he's working across the hall?

AH: I haven't seen him on the set. Honestly, I never see B&B people. I don't know where their secret hallway is. But I talk to him all the time, anyway. We're still pals. He was over at the house the other day. We run around together every once in awhile, but we're just taking it easy right now. I'm proud that he got a job over there! Oh, my goodness, that's so great.

SOW: Your two biggest relationships so far have been with Michael Weatherly, whom you met on Loving, and Dax Griffin, who you met on AMC. Do you find yourself more attracted to people in the industry?

AH: I've dated people outside of the industry, but whenever you talk to anybody with a job they are always involved with people through work or within their industry somehow. When I'm not working, I'm at home getting ready for bed! I don't meet new people, so that's a lot of the reason. Sometimes friends introduce you. That can be a good thing. You can do it online, but I don't want to do that. You can also go to bars, but that doesn't really work, right? I don't have to go to a bar, do !?

The End

Archived