Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

victorlord75

Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by victorlord75

  1. I remember a goofy scene where Schuyler and Raven were hiding inside a car in the parking deck of the ISIS building, and in a very "Hart to Hart"-like moment, Raven brought out champagne glasses and popped open a bottle of champagne, with the popped cork hitting hard on the ceiling of the car. Raven snickered (along these lines), "Good thing this is a rental car!"
  2. I never knew that part about Lee Sheldon's plans for the show. The Nicole double would have been a great story, and I'm sorry that those plans never made it past the drawing board. I have to throw in my two cents and say that I don't think the executive producer or the headwriter were the main problems with the show. The main problems were too low a budget for lavish production (though they did a fabulous job with what they had on hand), and the wrong time slot. I think with proper promotion, and the right time slot, the show would have found an audience, because the acting and story were quite good.
  3. Perhaps so. I don't think I'd want to be a writer or producer in daytime today for all the tea in China--besides putting up with network executives who want the numbers only to go up, up, and up, they have to deal with viewers who are not forgiving if they feel that the show that they love isn't being true to itself. I didn't see Henry Slesar's material, but, from what I've read, the basic format and character types on the show didn't change radically. The main change, according to books on the subject was emphasis on the younger performers--a problem that faithful viewers of all soaps have been complaining about for over 30 years now.
  4. I didn't have the pleasure of being a long time viewer of this series like many of the members of this community have. I only knew of Lee Sheldon's writing, and am rather mystified by the harsh criticism leveled against him. Every once in awhile, I will still go on YouTube and view the final episode that I remember seeing at the time on WNEP Channel 16 from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. (one day delay basis). A poster had pointed out that during the chase sequence in the beginning where Chris is following Alicia, the score music is "Shadow in the City" from Death Wish II--composed by Jimmy Page! I was amazed!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.