SOD: Days Spoilers & Tidbits

• Members

SOD is very DAYS heavy this week. But there's only 4 soaps, heh. I haven't watched daytime soaps or bought any SODs in a long time so it's different.

CHAD REUNITES WITH ABIGAIL: Rafe learns Ben recently hired a mid-wife and tips Chad off. Chad realizes that Abigail is having the baby and is frantic. He heads off to find Ben & Abigail but runs into a huge snowstorm. His determination eventually leads him to the right cabin. Unfortunately, Ben soon realizes he has company and has little trouble adding to his hostage count. Chad's arrival sends Ben further off his rails and he makes a fatal decision regarding his hostages. [Photo: Abigail standing behind Ben who is pointing a gun at Chad]

HOPE'S REVENGE PLOT:  Steve accepts that he can't stop Hope from her agenda so he hands her a clue to help her out. The clue leads her to Dr. Malcolm, the man that tortured Bo. Hope appears to be cool & collected as they take the doctor to the police station for questioning but once there things take a turn as Hope begins playing dangerous game. [Photo: Hope sitting on a desk at the police station calmly pointing a gun at Dr. Malcolm]

STEVE AND KAYLA TRAPPED: Kayla barely has time to adapt to her loss (Bo) before a bold move is made against her family. K & S decide to move forward as a team. MBE notes that Kayla is very conflicted between her heart and her head. She's upset he left the family for adventure. The team gets locked in a closet and the close quarters lead to a kiss.

MORE SPOILERS: Tuesday, 12/1: Victor forces Brady to choose. Flynn gets under Daniels skin. Shawn leaves a hurt Belle behind on Wednesday, 12/2 as Jason Cook last airs as Shawn. On Friday, 12/4, Caroline has a disturbing vision of Victor; meanwhile, Brady's life takes a turn. Also, this week, Belle opens up to her parents and gets sucked into Sami's drama. Gabi & Paul face occupational changes.

EDITORS' CHOICE: DAYS for the week of November 9.  They understand that Ben trying to kill Abigail, and Aiden trying to murder Hope isn't kosher 50th Anniversary material, but... First props to the nods to history (Martin family, relating Ciara stealing to Julie stealing, Alice & Tom flashback), Bo, Steve & Caroline facing calamity as they tried to stop Hope's wedding in time & then props to Abigail and Hope realizing their beaus are stone cold killers the hard way and the action that ensued from palpable fear to chill inducing reunion. SOD felt it was a perfect combo of DAYS main ingredients: community, family, romance and adventure.

THUMBS UP: EJ may be alive. Alison Sweeney playing Sami's excitement at the possibility was infectious. SOD hollers for James Scott to come on back.

Thaao mentions that Alison S. has brought a certain strength to Sami that she didn't have before. It makes her a formidable foe and acting partner. He said, in character, he was tempted to kiss her in one scene just to get a slap.

Sal Stowers has an interview. Her and her family have been watching DAYS for many years. She goes into detail about working with Darnell and Debbie at AMC. Really complementary and discussing the lessons she learned from each of them. She talks about being heartbroken when AMC Internet Version was cut short. As for DAYS? She loves everybody on the show. She point out James and Galen specifically. She hates when they have off weeks because she likes being around the cast that much.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're welcome :) I'm not watching the entire show, yet, and as you mention often and accurately the show is FAR from anything close to perfect, but getting back into it recently has helped my emotional state which frankly was darker than current Days. I appreciate DAYS-lite [and more so YouTube (old) DAYS]  for that break for however long it can keep my attention.

• Members

Yeah, it was very quick. They really didn't have follow up and then he was telling Theo. And then Theo had a scene where he told Joey. So yeah, no story what-so-ever, naturally.

I really like her praise for them and her clear enthusiasm for the genre. It's nice to see. I'm still sad the online reboots were axed. Siiiigh. Two years and it still sucks.

Archived