2015 British Soap Awards

DRW50

• Members

They now have less fan-voted awards, as the Sexiest Male/Female Awards were scrapped.

(can't say I'm sorry, the same people won over and over, and I have no desire to see Jorgie Porter or whoever would replace Tancake Face Keegan).

They have been replaced by more "issue" based awards, which scares me, as I have a feeling some horror like Maxine's disastrous domestic violence story (which basically tells women never to expect anything better in life) will win.

http://www.britishsoapawards.tv/vote/

My votes ended up going - Natalie Anderson (I would have voted for Verity Rushworth but she hasn't been on since summer and Natalie has a better chance given her recent story)

Danny Miller (as I do think he's much improved this time around and this is likely the closest Ryan Hawley will get to winning unless that huge bore Charlie Cotton or wooden Donna on EE or some HO random doesn't win)

Emmerdale (EE will win but I don't care).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm really not fussed to vote as I really don't care who wins. I wonder if Hollyoaks will squeeze out a surprise win for Best Soap again. They finally broke the EE/Corrie mold last year when they won that award (which probably says something about how awful EE and Corrie were in 2013).

Flashback to 10 years ago, the winners were:

Best British Soap: Coronation Street

Best Actor: Shane Richie (Alfie Moon in EastEnders)
Best Actress: Suranne Jones (Karen McDonald in Coronation Street)
Sexiest Male: Nigel Harman (Dennis Rickman in EastEnders)
Sexiest Female: Jodi Albert (Debbie Dean in Hollyoaks)
Best Newcomer: Andrea Green (Sarah Finch in Doctors)
Best Exit: Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher in EastEnders)
Best Comedy Performance: Maggie Jones (Blanche Hunt in Coronation Street)
Best On-Screen Partnership: John Bardon & June Brown (Jim & Dot Branning in EastEnders)
Best Dramatic Performance: Kazia Pelka (Chrissy Costello in Family Affairs)
Best Dramatic Performance from a Young Actor or Actress: Sam Aston (Chesney Battersby-Brown in Coronation Street)
Best Bitch: Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow in Coronation Street)
Villain of the Year: Sasha Behar (Maya Sharma in Coronation Street)
Spectacular Scene of the Year: Maya takes Dev and Sunita hostage and blows up the shop (Coronation Street)
Best Storyline: Gary and Chrissy Costello learn friend Bradley has been abusing their daughter Chloe (Family Affairs)
Best Single Episode: Charity and Tom's wedding (Emmerdale)
Special Achievement Award: John Stevenson (Coronation Street writer)
Lifetime Achievement Award: June Brown (Dot Branning in EastEnders)

• Members

Other random fact/stats because I'm bored:

Michelle Keegan has won the now discontinued Sexiest Female award four times in a row (the most).
Suranne Jones (Coronation Street), Kacey Ainsworth (EastEnders), and Lacy Turner (EastEnders) have won the Best Actress award twice. Martin Kemp (EastEnders), Shane Ritchie (EastEnders), and Danny Miller (Emmerdale) have won Best Actor twice.
The youngest person to win an award was Ellis Hollins who plays Tom Cunningham in Hollyoaks. He won Best Dramatic Performance from a Young Actor/Actress in 2006 at the age of 5.
Dogs have played a part in The Soap Awards on various occasions. In 2002 Edna’s dog, Bracken, in Emmerdale won the award for Best Exit, whilst in 2000, Well’ard the dog from EastEnders presented the award for Best Foreign Soap.

• Members

I guess they are pushing based on current story, but Diane does deserve to be on there over any of those EE ladies. It's too bad they don't have supporting categories.

At least they didn't shamelessly include Lacey Turner for awards bait.

Archived