American Crime: Discussion Thread

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But the "victim" is not that credible either. He went to a party for a guy on guy hook and let everything get out of hand. I think he's a sociopath. 

Why would the other guy try to kill himself if he's a violent rapist?  He's struggling with homosexuality and I believe he's innocent. 

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

I don't think Taylor was asking to be drugged or get that wasted. I know he shouldn't have lied about basically sexting Eric, he's young, confused and obviously a very horny kid. Remember he didn't want his mom to do anything. I felt really bad for Evy, though. 

I think the motives behind Eric's attempt suicide was a three way combo of his parents' divorce, him being in the closet and that secret that he might have committed rape.

The suspense of it all...

Edited by cassadine1991

• Members

A sociopath? You need to stop. Taylor hasn't accused anyone by name yet; his mother has taken the lead with the accusations. He hasn't named Eric. And he may not be clear on what happened that night, like many rape cases where the victim is impaired.

I believe he went there to hook up with Eric; I believe they probably did hook up. Afterwards he got drugged and I think the rest of the team most likely violated him. And Eric either watched or joined in and let the team do what they wanted to the "faggot," because he was too afraid to out himself or go against the group.

I feel for Eric and I think Joey Pollari is giving a great performance but I don't think Taylor is lying at all, or out to get anyone. He just wants all this to go away. Both boys are keeping big secrets about that night.

• Members

I think people are misinterpreting my last post. I was ambivalent but he way the guy who attempted suicide came across was very genuine to me and the supposed victim has been so wish washy. I want to believe him but at the same he's been acting so suspicious. 

I almost feel like he wanted to have sex and the results weren't exactly what he wanted...

• Members

I don't see how this isn't straight forward assault. Even if the kid went to the party looking for sex, his clothes were stained with blood, semen and most importantly, GHB. The blood could possibly be explained away by rough sex, but GHB is an obvious identifier in any kind of sexual assault case. He was drugged and cannot consent. Meaning anyone who touched him is a rapist. That's an obvious no fly zone regarding consensual consent. The fact that they found GHB is more than enough evidence for a rape charge. Once I heard that I knew that the school and Felicity Huffman's character were both in a huge cesspool of trouble, and she is going to look like an even larger fool the more she pushes this victim blaming narrative. Throw the book at all of them.

So disgusted with all of these characters from the school to the football team to the enabling parents who are more concerned with getting their children out of legal trouble than have them take responsibility for their actions. The law enforcement is even more vile.

Edited by Skin

• Members

After last nights episode I'm not at all convinced it was an assault and I completely understood why the police didn't file charges.

Eric came across petulant and annoyed with the whole situation but also truthful. Meanwhile I still get the impression that the other guy (Taylor/Tyler) is hiding something still. He should be grateful his spurned girlfriend was decent enough to support his story and speak her thoughts on it. 

The principal played by Felicity Huffman....so terrible and yet so effortless in her devious schemes. That performance at the end was so haunting. I don't know about y'all but I kept expecting something absolutely horrifying to occur during that sequence of some type of scandal. 

• Members

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but from what I am reading I feel like I am going to want to throw a brick wall at FH's character when I am done with this. It's hard to watch this show sometimes because it's so realistic and palpable. The ignorance, stupidity and inherent wrongness of the ethics concerning their actions almost becomes overwhelming.

I need this school to be closed down, it's so disgusting.

Edited by Skin