DAYS: December Discussion Thread

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sweet mother of Murgatroyd! I can't imagine why people considered DAYS (or soaps) provincial or quaint in its sensibilities.

I always wondered how serious Reilly was when he once expounded on his would've-been plans for DAYS after he'd been dismissed in the '90s. He explained that he'd wanted Bo/Faux!Billie and John/Hope to be together, and that Bo and Hope could not get back together because of his "sacred vows to God" to Billie. The scary thing is that I've often thought he totally believed it.

• Members

That fake flashback is weird. Jennifer has the hair color she had after she went on the run, or became a prison guard, or whatever, and Eileen had obviously forgotten how to play "normal" Kristen by that time. She looks like she's about to initiate a drunken threeway, or devour their brains.

At least they tried.

• Members

Oh, was this some made-up flashback? Yeah, I don't understand how they were all friends at that point. Was this supposed to be a flashback to 1993 or something? I hated when DAYS would make scenes up and/or try to play them with the recasts. Here it feels especially unnatural with Krista Allen (awful) and Stephanie Cameron (wallpaper). And yeah, Kristen looks like a drag queen.

• Members

Yes. By this time I don't think Billie and Jennifer were as close, as Billie had become a bad girl. Kristen was presumed dead at this point, either that or was about to "die", as a complete town pariah.

I do wonder if they ever had a scene like this with Eileen/Reeves/Rinna. Probably not.

• Members

If I remember correctly, Krista Allen's Billie was basically ok until J.L. King (or one of his lackeys?) pumped heroin into her and then she got really needy toward Bo. Which is what I meant by a character thing turning into a plot thing (Billie's addiction). Then she got super schemey and it got so much worse when she found out she was pregnant.

Sally Sussman Morina, Reilly's successor, actually took Billie to the brink. She was the writer who had Billie lie about Hope causing her to lose her baby (who turned out to be Chelsea six years later). But SSM brought her back from the edge and started Billie's thing with law enforcement and teased her and Eric, put her with Roman, and then teased her with Nicholas. It seemed like Billie was floundering through '99, but TPTB didn't write her out till Krista Allen's contract expired. However, many agree that by the summer of '99, SSM wasn't actually responsible for the writing, Tom Langan was. But SSM is credited as head writer up until around the time Billie left the show.

• Members

tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

The description says it's a re-taped flashback from 1994. Everything about that scene is equal parts horrifying and hilarious. What's funny is that Billie's hair is supposed to be short there, but instead it's long (I assume as a nod to Krista's hair when she first joined the show) . . . in a recreated Bo & Billie flashback from Reilly Round II, they gave Julie Pinson super long extensions, too.

• Members

I remember back when she was heroine Kristen, in love with John but stuck with Tony/Andre. I liked her. But now I kind of wonder how that got by with that for so long. Ashley was a kind of heroine on Y&R though, right? Kristen is when she went full-on villainess.

I hate the fake flashback thing so, so much. It's always so awkward and forced and unintentionally laughable. DAYS did it again when Greg Vaughan turned up a few weeks ago, with Ari Zuker trying to pretend to be 12 years younger with hair extensions ("ohhh, Eric!") and GV having to pretend to be Jensen Ackles aged 19 or whatever. It was ludicrous. This is exactly the [!@#$%^&*] no one takes seriously about DAYS.

• Members

Krista Allen's Billie was one of the "good girls" when JER was writing in 1996-1997. Sally Sussman-Morina made Billie a scheemer but during Krista's last year on the show Billie moved on from Bo. She went undercover with Roman on his ISA mission, and they later hooked up in Salem. She also helped Sami and Austin when they were on the run to prove Sami was innocent of Franco's murder. And finally she started dating Nicholas but then found out he had feelings for Kate and left Salem.

JER made Julie Pinson's Billie a rapist during his second run.

• Members

In terms of Wayne Northrup, I always got the feeling they didn't want him back. it was Dee's idea from what I heard and one of the conditions of her return, which apparently they were desperate for, and they totally humiliated the Roman character with the writing, not at all surprised Wayne left again.

I agree to an extent with the last line, but Marlena was always objective, rational and smart. She should have seen Kristen's behaviour change before all the craziness, that would have been more in character, though less fun. But I am sure they could have written some intense stuff around Kristen having a breakdown and it triggering her bi-polar/manic depression. With Marlena as her doctor, she could have still wreaked havoc with John and Marlena without everyone needing to be dumbed down so much.

• Members

So to cover up the lie in regards to How far along Gabi is, they say she and Nick hooked up as soon as he got out of prison. Huh? That still doesn't add up as he wasn't released till weeks after she slept with Will

Rafe: "Im Gabi's only family" He is? So they arent even gonna pretend that the mother is around just not seen anymore?

Archived