DRW50

Doctor Who

472 posts in this topic

Karen Gillan gets her own TV spot and poster as Nebula (with Michael Rooker as Yondu) in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel.

haqnkp1vvyat7rnxk6xi.jpg

Very intriguing episode. It was great to have a companion that doesn't have some odd mystery attached to her. Bill reminds me alot of the more grounded Davies years. And I have generally liked the Moffat years, but I can admit that he can get too convoluted. And what could be in the vault under the school? The door looked suspiciously Gallifrean. 

Not done with it, but loved seeing Susan (and River) in the Doctor's pictures.

tumblr_ooi9q7W1bj1r05bkco1_400.giftumblr_ooi9q7W1bj1r05bkco3_400.gif

tumblr_ooi9q7W1bj1r05bkco2_400.giftumblr_ooi9q7W1bj1r05bkco4_400.gif

This is about the only thing Chris Chibnall could've done to rouse my interest in his regime. (I need to watch the new series, which I hear was quite good, but I've been busy with other stuff and frankly am not ready to say goodbye to Capaldi or Moffat just yet.)

Jodie Whittaker was fantastic on the first season of Chibnall's Broadchurch which I watched - a standout on a show that was quite good but not amazing, which the cast made really good and she was near the top of the list. I haven't yet watched the other two series which I've heard were of very variable quality. I like her, I'm not sure she's the woman I'd have thought of for the Doctor. But I'm open to it because she's very talented and why not? It's time. I just hope Chibnall and his team can live up to the talent and the show's legacy.