Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

1990-1993 are probably my favorite years (if you couldn't tell, haha) because of Sheila :D but I always love seeing the evil doings of David and Michael as well.We will never have as many solid villains today as we did back then which is unfortunate.

I really wish sometimes I could snake my way into that studio and force the entire cast and crew to watch all these episodes and see if they would actually get motivated to get the show back into the quality it was under Bill Bell acting and production wise.......that's just a dream I guess......I can just see Pratt and Phelps falling asleep to all these episodes.....

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

haha I'm always forgetting how evil and sinister Michael was back then. I have to say it though, I freaking loved Patty and her return in 2009. No matter how much I bag on MAB, I did love Patty's stint until the whole Sarah Smythe thing ended, sometime after that is when I tuned out for a couple of years so I never got to see what else she got up to. I thought I was going to love Kelly going crazy also, but...yeah, I think we've voiced our opinions on that already :D

I think I've just given up any hope that Y&R will ever be Y&R again. I've found myself slacking off immensely lately and just reading spoilers to catch up on what's going on, I find myself watching B&B more these days.

• Members

I just think it's safe to say that both of those stories (Patty then Kelly) might have had a chance if it weren't the same thing over and over, Victor uses them to get back at Jack.......that's why it's best Sheila stay away cause I feel like the writers would just use her to be Victor's pawn to get back at somebody.....when we know damn well that Sheila can be Victor's equal................I still wouldn't want to see them interact now, because I rather see a Victor who will look intimidated and not the horrible one we have now who just smirks at everything.....seriously if a lion was about to attack Victor would he still be smirking and ready to fight that Lion?? cause I honestly think that's what it has come to....even Eve Howard scared Victor a little....

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

As much as I'd love to see Sheila return, I have to agree, I shudder to think what they'd do to her. Then again, having Kimberlin back as Sheila couldn't be any worse than having Sheila without Kimberlin (I'm looking at you, LML).

I did actually end up seeing some more of Patty eventually, I have some 2011 episodes in my collection, I think some of them are her returning and shooting Jack at the wedding. Yeah, she sounds like she only had a one-track storyline for the entire time she was on the show. But at least they did something with her while they had her. With Kelly I was hoping we'd get so much more out of her, I was loving that rivalry between her and Phyllis and the build up to her losing it entirely.

I did receive some more Y&R recently, these episodes are dated from August of 2003. I'm pretty sure these ones are Eva Longoria's final episodes as Isabella when she tries to kill Christine in the bathtub. She's not a character I really remember a lot of actually, I would have forgotten all about her had I not seen clips of her during the Y&R 40th anniversary interview with Doug Davidson.

• Members

Thanks for sharing these 2005 vids, I've been catching up with them all. Even though the show wasn't in the best state at the time and was making terrible mistakes left and right the nostalgia is still there. Plus it is nice to see classic Y&R staff credited as opposed to what we have now. Daniel & Lily on the run remains a surprise highlight from that summer. 

• Members

I still need to catch up with the 2005 episodes :(.....but I agree, despite what was starting to go wrong there was at least 85% going right and that has to be better then today....

and Victor was allowed to have a vacation.....him and Nikki seem to be backburned a bit late 2005 right?

• Members

I watched 8/22/05.

I still find the whole trial stuff a little underwhelming, and it's really weird to see Katherine and Phyllis snipe at each other....I do roll my eyes a little that Katherine was really there to support the Newmans, but I like that she at least brought up that Rex was married to her (when she said Daniel's grandfather was her husband to Phyllis)

I also don't get Phyllis being so friendly with Christine, though I know it's really to get on her good side regarding Daniel somehow....I guess if there was any attempt of showing a "friendship" with these two it went out the window a few years later with the stupid revisit of the hit and run in 2012, that Phyllis got away with in court.

The Pool set is the same one being used today on the show? it looks so cheap now.

It seems like Nick was more sad about Cassie then Sharon, the flashbacks that showed Cassie growing up leading to her death were good, but it's still such a waste that they killed her at all.....

Sharon being civil with Nikki and Victor :( and Kevin still his annoying self...

If I'm being honest I can't decide sometimes if I like Sheila's hair here.....I know it's a more mature look, but I think I just prefer the original look....kind of hurt to say, but just how I feel, Kimberlin has always been very pretty and ages well...

• Members

It was an interesting plot point for Christine to come in and aid with Daniel's legal troubles in spite of her history with Phyllis. It was also an example of how Phyllis was written at the time-a vixen with a sharp edge yet haunted by the mistakes of her past and remained in control.  The character ended up regressing quite a bit during the Latham and MAB tenures. 

Cassie's death was indeed such a waste and only done for a ratings and attention stunt but has ending up affecting Y&R like Maureen's death on GL did. I think Nick and Sharon both had definitely different coping mechanisms which created the divide. However, my favorite grieving  moment did occur with Sharon. It was when Larry came back to town and gave Sharon a wild motorcycle ride through the wilderness. 

• Members

Thanks for more Y&R21395 :)

and I agree, I'm actually sort of liking Phyllis here, and I can sort of see why they went the route of having Nick cheat on Sharon with her.....It was the fact that LML, MAB and now Pratt have made Sharon the "Villain" and Phyllis more of the "Victim" that has really hurt everything...

• Members

As much as I like 2005/early 2006, these episodes are very haunting, knowing LML and MAB are practically right around the corner, and also what awaits everyone in the near future, such as Dru, John Abbott, Sharon/Phyllis, the whole Pheila fiasco. It's amazing how fast the show shifts in quality between the beginning and end of 2006.