OLTL: Couple Out

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are no core families in Llanview today. They have the same last names but that's about it. I've never seen the Buchanans as far apart as they are now.

I think this was it for gay characters. If they were blamed for ratings losses, then the most we may see of gays again is a story about how shocking and disgusting the whole thing is, like the Daniel Coulson murder spree.

• Members

Wait a minute. This line made me do another take:

A show rep says the characters will not actually leave Llanview and, because Fish is a cop, he may pop up in a crime-related capacity down the line—but no promises are being made.

Bad move! It's ridiculous and frustrating when actors leave the show but the characters continue to live in town off-screen. It eventually leads to the character(s) getting an after-the-fact sentence or two explaining that they left town, or worse, being forgotten. And in fact, I'd feel insulted if Fish goes from being a relatively front-burner character to a glorified day player who only pops up when the LPD needs help.

EDIT: I suppose if they "remain in town", Gigi will get to be a part of her niece's life, but it would make more sense if they moved just outside of Llanview and Gigi took short trips to visit her.

• Members

Let's see. Gigi and Rex have had story in the past year with:

Kim

Stacy

Rachel

Sky

Fish

Kyle

All gone.

I expect we may start seeing some lighthearted, funny capers to remind us of why we were supposed to love Gigi and Rex in the first place. Unless, Todd help us, Frons or whoever still thinks heavy whore-laden drama is the answer, and it's just everyone else in the story who was the problem.

• Members

I didn't like Patrick that much but if it gives Susan Haskell a big story then this may be worth it, even if it's just to wrap up Marty's stint on the show and she and Patrick move back to Ireland. Marty deserves some happiness and she did love Patrick more than any other man.

Archived