AMC: Aiden Turner Casting News

• Members

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/aiden-devane-to-exit-pine-valley

Aidan Devane to Exit Pine Valley

SOAPnet.com can confirm that actor Aiden Turner was given notice today that his character, Aidan Devane, will not be written past his current contract.

From the official statement: "Mr. Turner's departure is storyline dictated. Given AMC's upcoming move to Los Angeles, we wanted to give Mr. Turner advance notice so he could plan accordingly. Mr. Turner is a talented actor and we wish him well."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fine by me.

Isn't his contract up in May or something? I know it used to be. It's nice that they gave him the heads up, but I'm surprised they are thinking that far ahead.

Now please please tell Denise Vasi and Brianne Moncrief that there's no point in them moving to LA either.

• Members

I'm one of the few here who will miss Aidan. I liked his relationship with Kendall way back when, and some of his early stuff with Greenlee. I thought Aidan/Annie did wonders for her character, all of which has now been taken away by this pathetic, unpleasant storyline with Adam.

I'm not surprised Turner is going but I will be sad to see him leave. Maybe he can get work on DAYS or Y&R, he can't be any worse than most of their leading men.

• Members

Yeah the wording is confusing. "...we wanted to give Mr. Turner advance notice so he could plan accordingly" sounds like they're going to use him until the end of his contract but they wanted to let him know it's probably not worth moving to LA, but "we wish him well" sounds like they're writing him out now.

If he is leaving now then JHC has an excuse not to update the opening until next May when they can take him out lol.

Or maybe they meant that he will not be written past his current contract cycle(whenever that ends), as opposed to current contract?

• Members

Well I know I"m going to be the only one on this board most likely but I"ll be sad to se him go I loved the character and actor

I loved his romances with Connie Fletcher's Erin and really loved his Romance with Sabine Singh's Greenlee those 2 had exceptional chemistry together.

His character still had so much untapped potential of course he always had to be thrown under the bus for Zendull

• Members

Not the only one. I liked him with Di, Erin and Annie. I never saw him with Greenlee.

Aidan was written so haphazardly it was hard to stay attached to him. But I love the Brits and I agree he had a lot of potential. AT is handsome, has a nice roguish charm and has a REALLY good sense of humor (which counts for a lot with me.) He just always seemed to be in the wrong situation. Of course AMC is nothing but one big wrong situation.

Archived