Toups

Neighbours: Discussion Thread

649 posts in this topic

I wish they made the old DVDs available in a format that would be viewable in all regions. I would spend the money out of curiosity. The problem is these episodes get pulled when posted, as you can buy them. 

 

At least Neighbours has a yearly hiatus, unlike US shows so it is a bit less to view. Wish a service would pick up the older episodes anything, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

There are a number of episodes on Dailymotion if you ever want to just watch a random one.

 

 

Ah thanks!  I do visit dailymotion when I can't find a video on youtube.

4 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

 

32 years! :lol: I highly recommend the current episodes though, it's easy to follow and addictive!

Oops..LOL....I knew my math was off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you love to rag on promos...the Neighbours promos these days have the most OTT nature possible.

 

 

 

 

I have to say the current show isn't really to my taste entirely but it does have some good moments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't lie, I love the Australian promos. I just wish we got them in the UK, I think they're hilarious.

 

ETA: What is it about the show that isn't to your taste @DRW50? :) 

Edited by Edward Skylover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

I can't lie, I love the Australian promos. I just wish we got them in the UK, I think they're hilarious.

 

ETA: What is it about the show that isn't to your taste @DRW50? :) 

 

I just think some of the characters are a bit empty and the show has a bit of a clinical, empty tone to it. There are some gritty characters, like Sonya and Steph and Susan (lots of S's there), but the younger set - people like Aaron, David, Leo, Amy, etc. seem quite bland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't disagree with you there, they are bland. They need work.

 

Sonya, Steph and Susan are great characters :lol: I think David is layered though. Did you watch in the past?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soapsuds said:

@DRW50 Those promos are cheesy bad.....LOL  I did like the hunk who was at the door though....LOL

 

Neighbours will keep you happy in that department. Their main gay character at present used to be a stripper, although this was not Chippendales stripping, obviously.

2 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

I can't disagree with you there, they are bland. They need work.

 

Sonya, Steph and Susan are great characters :lol: I think David is layered though. Did you watch in the past?

 

I've watched off and on in different periods. I'm aware the show has often been a bit of a softer soap and that's preferable to too much shock and gore. It's just some of the current stories are choosing to tackle some difficult subjects, and the handling of them...like the Kim/Paul mess...doesn't really suit the tone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which eras did you think were good?

 

I hate the Kim/Paul retcon. I can't take Leo and David as Paul's sons. I love Sonya right now. What did you think of the teen era 2008-2010?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

Neighbours will keep you happy in that department. Their main gay character at present used to be a stripper, although this was not Chippendales stripping, obviously.

 

 

You know me too well.:D  What episode should I start on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you'd like the stuck in the display story, that was awhile a go, but about the stripper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Aaron's first scene.

 

 

And his relationship with Nate (there are a lot of scenes missing I assume)

 

 

Aaron is now with David. 

 

There was another gay character on the show before Aaron named Chris. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ~bl~ said:

I think you'd like the stuck in the display story, that was awhile a go, but about the stripper. 

 

1 minute ago, DRW50 said:

This is Aaron's first scene.

 

 

And his relationship with Nate (there are a lot of scenes missing I assume)

 

 

Aaron is now with David. 

 

There was another gay character on the show before Aaron named Chris. 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Chris got hurt and was eventually better, I wept. I was surprised how much I cared about that character at least he got a happyish ending even if we don't know if he got a new love as the people he was closest to are all off the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.