Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Members

I wish they made the old DVDs available in a format that would be viewable in all regions. I would spend the money out of curiosity. The problem is these episodes get pulled when posted, as you can buy them. 

At least Neighbours has a yearly hiatus, unlike US shows so it is a bit less to view. Wish a service would pick up the older episodes anything, actually. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just think some of the characters are a bit empty and the show has a bit of a clinical, empty tone to it. There are some gritty characters, like Sonya and Steph and Susan (lots of S's there), but the younger set - people like Aaron, David, Leo, Amy, etc. seem quite bland. 

• Members

Neighbours will keep you happy in that department. Their main gay character at present used to be a stripper, although this was not Chippendales stripping, obviously.

I've watched off and on in different periods. I'm aware the show has often been a bit of a softer soap and that's preferable to too much shock and gore. It's just some of the current stories are choosing to tackle some difficult subjects, and the handling of them...like the Kim/Paul mess...doesn't really suit the tone. 

• Members

When Chris got hurt and was eventually better, I wept. I was surprised how much I cared about that character at least he got a happyish ending even if we don't know if he got a new love as the people he was closest to are all off the show.