Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

991 replies to this topic

#1 Toups

Toups

R.I.P. James E. Reilly

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,632 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Contract

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

Anyone loves Blanche?

#3 Drew

Drew

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

Blanche is great. Especially with Becky.

#4 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

Blanche is hilarious. laugh.gif

#5 Drew

Drew

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

i'm loving the stories playing out right now on CBC. David's sent an invite to Todd to ruin Sarah and Jason's upcoming wedding.

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Contract

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:53 AM

What happened with Doreen, she was on 51 Episodes last year, but none this year, has she been offically let go, anyone knows?....

Edited by Andrew, 18 July 2008 - 10:53 AM.

#7 Drew

Drew

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

really? She vanishes? We're in October 2007 episodes here in Canada and she's just started flurting with Norris

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Contract

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Drew @ Jul 27 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really? She vanishes? We're in October 2007 episodes here in Canada and she's just started flurting with Norris

She has not been seen in 2008, i still think this is a better year then last year on Corrie, despite that Ken, Blanche and Deirdre are underused, there has been a lot of Gail & Audrey. But as for Emily, Eileen Derbyshire is so underused!......

#9 Cat

Cat

THIS hot bitch

• Members
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:55 PM

Carla = best new character of the last 12 months. She's like a black panther!

#10 Drew

Drew

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

We just got Sarah and Jason's wedding on today's omnibus on CBC -- fantastic drama! David is such a creepy character, he's great. Loved his suicide attempt and unfolding drama.

aww, I like Doreen. I loved her calling Emily so she would wave at Sarah & Jason on their way to the church, and their throwing flower pedals over them when they got back. So cute!

QUOTE (Cat @ Jul 28 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Carla = best new character of the last 12 months. She's like a black panther!

I love Carla

#11 JamesF

JamesF

Contract

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:54 PM

Carla is something. It's great watching her torment the weaker characters, particularly Maria.

Tonight's episode was fantastic. Janice distracting Audrey with an impression of Edith Piaf that caused her to drive into a tree. laugh.gif That's the kind of sentence you can't write for another other soap.

Just a couple of clips to throw my 2 cents into the thread.

First from a couple of months ago when Theresa took offense at a party nextdoor and dragged Rosie out by her hair:

And my favourite Corrie catfight ever between Gail and Eileen when Sarah found out Todd was gay.

#12 Drew

Drew

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

O_O

WHO THE [!@#$%^&*] WAS THAT LOUD MOUTHED BITCH AND WHEN DO I GET THE FREAKIN' JOY OF GETTIN HER ON MY SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 All My Shadows

All My Shadows

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 12,471 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

Every single Corrie clip I see, I hate Gail more and more. Can that old bitch just die off already?

#14 All My Shadows

All My Shadows

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 12,471 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

Okay, would someone be kind enough to let me know when this episode aired? I'm about to watch it and I'd like to find some summaries from the period so I can have a clue what's going on.

#15 JamesF

JamesF

Contract

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

Okay, would someone be kind enough to let me know when this episode aired? I'm about to watch it and I'd like to find some summaries from the period so I can have a clue what's going on.

It's from around 1997. I wish I could remember what was going on but the stories are all a haze. I know it's from after the arrival of Brian Park as EP because Judy is arguing with Gary about the garage and this relates to her mother Joyce being killed. Joyce was one of the first characters Park killed off. It's also the start of Don Brennan's obsession with bringing down Mike Baldwin -- the scene's played pretty low key in the cafe but he ends up driving Alma into the canal and blowing himself up in an attempt to kill Mike.

The new mechanic at the garage has been in a few US series recently like Ghost Whisperer.

Every single Corrie clip I see, I hate Gail more and more. Can that old bitch just die off already?

I enjoy watching her because she's just so weird. Sally's another one I can't get enough of for the same reason.

WHO THE [!@#$%^&*] WAS THAT LOUD MOUTHED BITCH AND WHEN DO I GET THE FREAKIN' JOY OF GETTIN HER ON MY SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ginger one whose first line is "You dirty bitch"? laugh.gif She's Theresa Morton. The Mortons move in to Charlie's house after Tracy kills him. They really didn't take off but they're currently in the middle of a leaving storyline involving Theresa's return (having walked out on the family years before).

#16 Andrew

Andrew

Contract

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (All My Shadows @ Aug 6 2008, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I Dont mind seing Helen Worth as Gail, she is a bitch nowadays, but she been on the show for such a long time, so i dont mind seing her, her mother Audrey is also fun to see.

Old? she is born in 1951, so she is younger than Deidre Hall for example, i really dont think 57 is that old!.....

QUOTE (JamesF @ Aug 6 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's from around 1997. I wish I could remember what was going on but the stories are all a haze. I know it's from after the arrival of Brian Park as EP because Judy is arguing with Gary about the garage and this relates to her mother Joyce being killed. Joyce was one of the first characters Park killed off. It's also the start of Don Brennan's obsession with bringing down Mike Baldwin -- the scene's played pretty low key in the cafe but he ends up driving Alma into the canal and blowing himself up in an attempt to kill Mike.

The new mechanic at the garage has been in a few US series recently like Ghost Whisperer.

I enjoy watching her because she's just so weird. Sally's another one I can't get enough of for the same reason.

The ginger one whose first line is "You dirty bitch"? laugh.gif She's Theresa Morton. The Mortons move in to Charlie's house after Tracy kills him. They really didn't take off but they're currently in the middle of a leaving storyline involving Theresa's return (having walked out on the family years before).

I Dont know why, but i think Sally is so boring, dont know why?
What do you think about Deirdre and her Sally Spectra voice?....

Edited by Andrew, 06 August 2008 - 12:45 PM.

#17 All My Shadows

All My Shadows

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 12,471 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (JamesF)

Aaah, okay. Thanks. I found another episode on the same site and it looks to be from around the same time period, so I'll check that out too. I liked the little lady who was getting her hair done, I think her name is Mavis?

QUOTE (Andrew)
I Dont mind seing Helen Worth as Gail, she is a bitch nowadays, but she been on the show for such a long time, so i dont mind seing her, her mother Audrey is also fun to see.

Old? she is born in 1951, so she is younger than Deidre Hall for example, i really dont think 57 is that old!.....

I like Audrey more than Gail, that's for sure. Audrey is totally the type of person that I would know. Gail, on the other hand......I can do without her lol. Every time I watch the clip of David pushing her down the stairs, I cheer.

And I didn't mean old as in old. I just meant as in "old blah blah."

#18 Drew

Drew

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:23 PM

really, they'r egetting rid of the Mortons? Aw. I like Jerry, and Mel. And Jodi, even though I know she hasnt got much longer here in Canada before she's gone - her and Lloyd are cute together.

#19 JamesF

JamesF

Contract

• Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:08 PM

The Mortons have grown on me but they've been really unpopular over here. As soon as the new EP took over, she booted them out the door.

Jodie left sometime before Christmas tho. I think the actress was sick of not having a storyline and they rarely mention the character.

#20 Andrew

Andrew

Contract

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (JamesF @ Aug 7 2008, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mortons have grown on me but they've been really unpopular over here. As soon as the new EP took over, she booted them out the door.

Jodie left sometime before Christmas tho. I think the actress was sick of not having a storyline and they rarely mention the character.

Samantha Seager (Jodie Morton), i think the reason she left was that she wanted to spend more time with her family something she didn`t feel she could on corrie. Maybe she lived far away from the studios?, who knows?......

It is funny that Kenneth Cope is coming back, his character Jed Stone was last seen in 1966, and know the actor who is born in 1931, is coming back, that really is long since he was on the show!.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users