dm.

Loving/The City Discussion Thread

1,558 posts in this topic

Thanks. Those golden mask photos always remind me of Moffat's Doctor Who.

Fran Sears, who had a short stint as one of the many EPs who tried to revamp Loving during its run, has returned from obscurity at age 70 as a producer on Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale' which is getting rave reviews.

Her producing partner had rights to the book, so suddenly they had some leverage in the community.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/business/media/how-hulu-and-the-handmaids-tale-revived-2-careers.html?_r=0

11 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Fran Sears, who had a short stint as one of the many EPs who tried to revamp Loving during its run, has returned from obscurity at age 70 as a producer on Hulu's 'The Handmaid's Tale' which is getting rave reviews.

Her producing partner had rights to the book, so suddenly they had some leverage in the community.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/business/media/how-hulu-and-the-handmaids-tale-revived-2-careers.html?_r=0

Good for her!! What an awesome comeback.

That Christmas closing tag warmed my heart. It's so much of what I miss about Loving, and of soaps. 

3 hours ago, DRW50 said:

That Christmas closing tag warmed my heart. It's so much of what I miss about Loving, and of soaps. 

I miss when holidays on soaps meant something too. Now, they often seem hollow or just another day on most of these shows. Their Christmas closing tag also reminded me of ATWT's from 86 or 87 when the cast sung Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas too.