• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

😍

I love him. I know he'll never be as beloved as Fedal, and some people find him a bit too thirsty for cheers from the crowd. But I admire his grit and how he transformed his career and maintained his success while never getting the adulation and validation he deserved over the years. And like Serena, I still see him as something of an underdog even though, at his best, he's unbeatable.

I hope he just deals with whatever monkey's on his back. There are still milestones to achieve for him.

• Members

I remember him from the same tournament last year. His father is a former ATP top 40 player. I like his game.  He is 18. He was in the 200's ratings wise but with a win today he jump all the way up to almost 100. If he wins the tournament against Thiem, which I doubt, he will jump to #66 in the world.

What a view....teehee....

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

This just seems to be a classic miscalculation by a young, lesser experienced player.

I've seen it so many times: a younger player expends so much emotional energy and adrenaline in the first set while the more experience player digs in for a 2nd set fight, which sometimes rattles the less experienced player and by the 2nd set's end, the younger player either starts getting nervous at the prospect of actually getting their best result to date, or they experience an unwinding of all that energy and adrenaline from the first set. 

By the 3rd set, mental fatigue has set in, and they have so little left that the brain practically shuts down and the less experienced player has very little left.

Also, it probably breaks the spirit of the player to see that their opponent (in this case Carreno-Busta) seems to just be getting started.

I expect Ruud will learn from this. In any case, once he gets over the disappointment of that 3rd set bagel, he will appreciate how well he performed this week.

Edited by DramatistDreamer