GL Tribute

Dan

• Members

I thought we could use a thread as a tribute over the next several months (so if a mod could do me the favor and pin this thread). Linking videos, posting transcripts, memories. I don't think we should cloud this thread with talk of how bad it got and the misadventures that brought it to that point and focus on the pleasant memories and stories. I think GL in general deserves that much.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Beautiful idea, Dan. I am sorry you lost your show.

Is it dumb to hope someone might interview Lorraine Broderick or Nancy Curlee and ask them to reminisce about their time with GL? And all others who were involved in this show's history?

• Members

I think you should message her! I'm sure she won't think you're a stalker. She's bright enough to differentiate between genuine fans of the show and the deluded. OMGZ HOW COULD U KILL [insert character name here] DIE BITCH DIE!!!!11111!!!!! etc.

Great idea, Dan.

• Members

In the summer of 1966, I discovered the fascinating world of soaps. GL and AW were my soaps of choice. They became my summer family. I watched them grow as I grew. You leave the nest when you go to college, but they stayed with me. Along the way, I met Ryan's Hope and Days. Ryan's Hope became The City. AW left and I mourned. I still mourn. Now GL. I can't fathom the loss. There will be a hole in my day. (I watch on DVR when I get home from work )Through all the good and the bad, I hung in there. I yelled, laughed, cried. Nola and Quint; Morgan and Kelly, The Bauers, Spauldings, Reardon's, Coopers, Santos, Chamberlins, Marlers; all members of my family. I just don't have words to express the regret I feel.

• Members

This thread would not be complete without a tribute being paid to "Hold On To Love." Everytime I watch this clip, it makes me smile. The song alone brings back not only great memouries of watching GL, but great memories in my life in general. It's rare to have any sort of connection to a piece of theme music, but "Hold On To Love" does it for me. God bless Robert Calhoun for picking this song.

This theme arguably defined GL over the past 18 years or so.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Archived