TVG's 2007 15 Most Influential People on Soaps

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

There's no way Jake and Van should be at #11. They're not poweful at all. LOL

LMAO! :lol:

Is that "moron" Bloom or Steve Kent or both. LOL

Jim Reilly should be on that list. :D Dude is the highest paid writer in soaps. DAYS is still paying him (along with Passions) as Head Writer and Consulting Producer.

• Members

I agree with most of the things said. LML may be on the list, but nothing good is said about her, is there?

But no Kay Alden.... :(

Also agree about Ron Carlivati: I may love B&B more, but OLTL is DEFINITELY the best soap out there at the moment.

• Members

It's about time that the soap press was out for Goutman's head as well as Passanante's. But Luke and Noah's story was NOT plotted well from the beginning. If you watched it for the first couple of months with no exposure to spoilers, you wouldn't have known that Noah was gay, though there really weren't any other possible beaus for Luke. And Silbermann IS kinda wooden. I think the duo's spot on the list should be shared with fans, because they are totally responsible for pumping up their exposure more than they deserve, and certainly more than TPTB would ever dare. But YouTube views don't help the ratings, apparently.

Canadian TV Guide provides quite refreshing analysis of the soap genre!

• Members

There are some points that I agree on such as Bradley Bell and Ron Carvilati. However there are a few that I disagree on (Like Jake and Van), but LML isn't one of them though. She is the EP of the most watched soap, but thankfully nothing good is said about her in this article.

• Members

Spot-on analysis, just about every word. The only thing that has me going :o is the thought of Jack Smith at Days (and the confidence in Sheffer if Ed Scott could just get Corday off his back, but I'm willing to refrain judgment on that one), dunno how that'd work out. Everything else is a great analysis of the way things are in *this* moment in soaps (remember that it isn't necessarily about good or bad quality, it's about power and influence, who's making the waves and having an effect on the future).

Archived