The "foreign soaps" topic

Huntress

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I noticed his name for the first time a couple of weeks ago, too. It's interesting that his taking the position is when I began to truly enjoy the show again. Everything just clicked into place. I'm sure it's not all attributable to Ashdown but he's obviously not doing any harm.

• Members

True. I was sceptic at first about Dominic, but he had to tie Brigie's work and is now probably writing his own stuff. So we'll see how he'll be remembered. What was that other show he worked on as story producer like? Family Affairs?

• Members

I have never really liked Corrie, but I can not stand some of its stars. They think that they are better than everybody else, and if another soap wins an award, they always complain that they were robbed. Their stars also bad mouth the other soaps, Kate Ford and Anthony Cotton are the worst for doing this. Even their exec producer Steve Frost made a comment about EE last year.

• Members

Whats wrong with Coronation Street?, .......... It really hasn`t been as good lately with them not showing long time veterans as much. Blanche Hunt is probaly the greatest soap personality , at least one of the best on a soap right know. Another thing is there anyone who watches Emmerdale?, i personally love that show, the show shows more veterans also than Coronation. Personally i find Eastenders the least of the enghlish soaps, i like the veterans, the elderly, but there are so many newcomers that i`m not really interested in......................!

• Members

I've never actually watched Emmerdale and Hollyoaks, so I would be grateful if someone told me what are they about and the current storylines. If it is not too much to ask!

As for Corrie badmouthing other soaps, don't know what to say. I would disregard that particular aspect of the show, and just watch it for the story.

Archived