The "foreign soaps" topic

Huntress

• Members

Here's the 2007 Awgie nominations (for television):

Comedy (Situation or Narrative)

Integrity, Stupid, Stupid Man (Episode 3) by Mark C Burnett and Tim Pye

The Cobra, Stupid, Stupid Man (Episode 7) by Tim Pye

Television Original

Only one nominee and the winner will be announced on the night.

Television Serial

Cop Ya, Neighbours (Episode 5175) by David Hannam

Home and Away (Episode 4227) by Fiona Kelly

Home and Away (Episode 4212) by Sam Meikle

Television Series

I’m The King of The Castle, Love My Way (Episode 1, Series 3) by Brendan Cowell

Family Matters, All Saints (Episode 376) by Louise Crane-Bowes

Cold Blooded Creatures, Love My Way (Episode 2, Series 3) by Tony McNamara

Dangerous (Episode 3) by Fiona Seres

Telemovie Original

Only one nominee and the winner will be announced on the night.

Television Mini Series Original

The Circuit by Kelly Lefever and Mitch Torres with Beck Cole, Jane Harrison, Kootji Raymond and Dot West

Bastard Boys by Sue Smith

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just going to write that Shane Brennan (ex CSI:Miami writer, now with NCIS) was once a writer for Aussie soaps. He didn't write for soaps, but he wrote an episode or two of McLeod's Daughters. I confused him with someone else...

• Members

Can't speak for H&A but I've seen several breakdowns for Neighbours and they are very detailed scene-by-scene synopses of the episode. Each scene was prefaced with a sentence or two explaining the role of the scene in furthering story or character. Though it's not common, the SP or storyliner can also include suggested lines of dialogue for the scriptwriter to use.

Drew - you're spot on with H&A. From the little I've seen of this year, it is edging towards what it used to be and I presume Bevan Lee will ground the show a little more. There are reruns of the 2000 season currently airing in the UK and there's a huge difference. My only gripe is that yet again the "middle aged woman" of the series has been killed off and Sally is being prematurely turned into Pippa.

• Administrator

I'm at mid-March (started watching at the beginning of 2007 season). Where/how are you watching it? I'm catching up Youtube (even though some episodes are missing). I don't feel like downloading. It takes too long.

• Members

Beth. Irene meanwhile is busy with some gripping waitressing storylines at the Diner I presume. ;) I think Tony's got a story though.

I'd be surprised if the 2000 episodes aren't going online. I seem to remember someone on one of the H&A forums offering to upload them. Back to the Bay I think. If I find out I'll let you know.

• Members

wow, they've killed Beth? Does she just not return from that trip to the US or do we get to see Clarissa House again? I remember she was supposed to be the Pippa for the new millenium, guess that didn't work out lol.

• Members

I used to watch -- religiously -- a Telemundo soap called, I believe "Mirada del Mujer." It was GREAT! The lead, Angelica Aragon, I believe, was her name, was so photogenic and "vet-y" if that makes sense. A great screen presence. I didn't understand anything on it but it fascinated me.

I also GREATLY enjoyed one that centered on a maid in a mansion (about 20 years old) who wore a pink outfit. It was great and used pop music for background scores. It was very progressive in that respect; hip; and I miss it. (Again, no clue what happened there.)

• Members

It's all quite amusing really. Tony goes to pick her up or something because she's not shown up but on the way he stumbles upon a big car wreck in which she's been killed. All we see is Beth's arm hanging out of a bodybag on a stretcher so no Clarissa House. :lol: Not a particularly satisfying conclusion to the character.

I couldn't stand her when she showed up. She was so passive -- letting her kids get beaten up, palming off her alcoholic daughter on Irene, letting her husband have an affair for 20 years etc. But she grew into the mother role. CH was a great actress too.

• Members

Viewing Figures

1 EASTENDERS (THU 1932) 8.68

2 EASTENDERS (FRI 2000) 8.44

3 EASTENDERS (MON 2000) 8.40

11 EASTENDERS (TUE 1929) 5.34

3 CORONATION STREET (WED 1930) 10.10

4 CORONATION STREET (MON 2029) 9.70

5 CORONATION STREET (MON 1934) 9.64

6 CORONATION STREET (FRI 1933) 9.44

10 CORONATION STREET (FRI 2029) 8.07

8 HOME AND AWAY (FRI 1800) 1.67