The "foreign soaps" topic

Huntress

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ian was being stalked by Steven who was trying to spook the family into thinking Cindy had come back from the dead.

The woman Ian visited was Cindy's sister Gina who once tried it on with Ian (I think at Cindy's funeral). The girl was the child Cindy died giving birth to in prison and I think her father was the guy that Cindy was seeing when she returned from Italy/before she got tossed in jail.

• Members

Can anyone tell me is Deano Wicks (Matt Di Angelo) still with EastEnders? I heard that Deano went to jail for accusing someone for attacking Patrick and if so, will they write him back? Oh well, he still has a place on my show if it ever gets made!

• Members

Patsy Palmer is heading back to Albert Square to reprise her role as Bianca in EastEnders.

The BBC revealed today that the 35-year-old actress is to begin filming in January, and will be on screens from around the end of March.

Palmer's return comes eight years after she left the show in 1999, and 14 years after she first joined it in 1993. Her reappearance seems to follow a change of heart because two years ago she declared she would never go back to the soap that made her famous.

In the 90s, Palmer's character Bianca was a flighty teenager in an on-off romance with Ricky - whose name she regularly screeched across the Square. She eventually ditched Ricky, played by Sid Owen, and life in London's fictional Walford for a new start in Manchester, but the couple did return for a special one-off episode in 2002.

Years on, Bianca is still having trouble with her love life and arrives back in the East End with hers and Ricky's son, called Liam, and a string of children fathered by other men.

According to the BBC, she is "at rock bottom and struggling to survive" and returns because her grandmother, Pat Evans, still lives in the Square.

Palmer said of her return to the BBC1 soap: "I'm really excited about rejoining the cast and working with old friends again.

"I can't wait to explore what Bianca has been doing with her life and seeing what she is going to get up to next."

Diederick Santer, the executive producer of the show, added: "I'm delighted to welcome Patsy Palmer home to EastEnders. Bianca is one of the most popular characters the show has ever had. Millions grew up with her and, like the audience, I can't wait to see her back in the show. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter in her story."

Palmer started her acting career with a part in Grange Hill and after leaving EastEnders, went on to star in BBC detective drama McCready and Daughter as well as in the West End.

• Members

Carly's onscreen in the UK right now but Deano is in jail. I don't know what the plan is over the next few months but I know for sure that Kevin, Deano and Carly will all be gone by early next year and I think Denise will go the same way.

Tonight's was good with Scott Maslen from The Bill showing up as Max's brother, Jack. I'm very bemused by Patsy Palmer's return though given the way they plan to reintroduce her. I walked past her in the street once. What a claim to fame. ;)

• Members

Thank you, sacndal_01 and James! ;) And now some news:

Coronation Street's Vera to be killed off

Coronation Street favourite Vera Duckworth is to be killed off in a storyline to be screened early next year, ITV announced today.

The soap’s producers are so keen to keep the character’s cause of death under wraps that three alternative endings have been written and the her departure will be filmed in secret.

Liz Dawn, who has played Vera for more than three decades, is leaving the show due to ill health, admitting she is barely able to walk across the set.

A long-time smoker, she was diagnosed with lung disease emphysema five years ago and almost collapsed while at Buckingham Palace to collect her MBE in 2000. Only a third of her lungs still work and she takes a medication daily, and uses three inhalers. The 68-year-old actress quit smoking in 2002 after her diagnosis.

The decision to kill off the character was taken after consultation between producer Steve Frost, executive producer Kieran Roberts and Dawn. They decided it was better to have a dramatic finale rather than compromise the characters of Vera and her husband Jack by having Dawn come back for occasional guest appearances.

Dawn said: "It is going to be very emotional filming Vera's death scenes but I do think it is the right decision for the character.

"Steve Frost and Kieran Roberts were very respectful about how I would feel about Vera dying and we talked about it at length before we made the final decision.

"I have had 33 marvellous years in Coronation Street and will miss everyone very much."

Steve Frost said: "After discussions with Liz Dawn we have settled on a heart-breaking exit story which will see Vera leave Coronation Street in 2008.

"Liz's contribution to Coronation Street has been quite remarkable.

"She has played Vera, one of the most loved characters on British television, for 33 years and she will be missed enormously, by everyone who works with her on the show and by millions and millions of viewers.

"It has been a great privilege to work with Liz and I wish her a very happy and very well-deserved retirement."

• Members

Bianca and Ricky Return! ricky_bianca.jpg

Tue 30 Oct 2007

It's been eight years since we last heard Bianca screech 'Rickaaaay', but now the pair are on their way back to Walford.

Look out for EastEnders favourites Patsy Palmer and Sid Owen returning to reprise their roles as Bianca and Ricky. They'll be back on the Square in the spring.

Ricky's done well for himself since we saw him last, and arrives with his foxy fiancee on his arm. Things haven't gone so smoothly for Bianca, who's at rock bottom and returns to Walford with a gaggle of kids in tow.

Sid's pleased to be rejoining EastEnders, but confesses there's one thing he hasn't missed: "I'm over the moon they've asked me to come back. It will be interesting to see what has been happening to Ricky and Bianca over the last few years. Although, I must admit I'm not looking forward to her nagging me by shouting his name."

Patsy said of her return to EastEnders: "I'm really excited about working with old friends again. I can't wait to explore what Bianca has been doing with her life and seeing what she is going to get up to next."

EastEnders Executive Producer Diederick Santer said of the signing: "First Patsy comes home, now Sid! Ricky and Bianca were a hugely popular and well-loved partnership on the show, spawning one of the best (and perhaps most irritating) of TV catchphrases - Rickaaaaay! They are both now living their own lives, and there's been a good deal of water under the bridge. But could the old spark reignite?"

• Members

Sid Owen brings Ricky Butcher back to “EastEnders”

Sid Owen is rejoining EastEnders to bring back the popular character Ricky Butcher.

Owen’s return to Albert Square follows news that Patsy Palmer has rejoined the BBC One soap as Ricky's ex-girlfriend, Bianca.

The pair’s on-off romance captivated millions of viewers in the Nineties, and Bianca’s habit of yelling Ricky’s name across the square became famous.

When they return, Bianca will be down on her luck, while Ricky will be happy and engaged.

Diederick Santer, executive producer of the soap, said: "I'm thrilled to welcome Sid Owen back to EastEnders. Ricky and Bianca were a hugely popular and well-loved partnership on the show, spawning one of the best and perhaps most irritating of TV catchphrases ("Rickaaaaaay!").

"They are both now living their own lives, and there's been a good deal of water under the bridge. But could the old spark reignite?"

Owen, who left the soap in 2004, said of his return: "I'm over-the-moon they have asked me to come back.

"I'm really looking forward to working with Patsy again, and of course Barbara Windsor (Peggy) and Pam St Clement (Pat).

"It will be interesting to see any changes there are and what has been happening over the last few years to Ricky and Bianca. Although, I must admit I'm not looking forward to her nagging me by shouting his name."

Owen, 35, joined the soap in 1988 and, with a brief break, stayed for 12 years.

He recently came third in the reality show I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!

Palmer left the show in 1999 after a 14-year stint.

They join Leslie Grantham (Dirty Den), Letitia Dean (Sharon) and Ross Kemp (Grant Mitchell) as EastEnders actors who have made comebacks.

• Members

Somehow I must have overlooked that ;)

First of all, the show title is ambiguous in German. It means "Between/Among Us" as well as "Underneath Us". All characters live in the apartment building Schillerallee 10, which is located in Cologne, Germany's fourth-largest city. There are several apartments in the building on different floors.

First floor: Bakery, shed ("Jäger Bikes"), courtyard, apartment of Paco Weigel, apartment of Rebecca and Lili Mattern

Second floor: apartment of Irene, Wolfgang and Anna Weigel, apartment of Rolf Jäger, Silke and Jan

Third floor: apartment of Rufus and Romy Sturm, apartment of Till and Ute Weigel

Fourth floor: flat share community, currently occupied by Franziska, Björn and Easy

Of course people move in and out all the time, for example Rebecca and Lili will soon move in with Rufus and Romy. I have no idea where Pia and Tobias Lassner currently live because they lived with Rufus and Romy until Pia and Rufus broke up. During the next few weeks, a murder mystery will take place; however, it's already pretty obvious that Lara Martensen will get killed because that bitch is very unpopular - and she's not included in the new opening.

Current contract cast

uu_2007.jpg

Petra Blossey as Irene Weigel (original cast member), Stefan Bockelmann as Malte Winter (2001-), Sarah Bogen as Lili Mattern (2001-), Imke Brügger as Rebecca Mattern Winter (1997-), Andreas Büngen as Jan Gräser (2002-), Yvonne de Bark as Dr. Pia Lassner (2006-), Arissa Ferkic as Silke Seebach (2006-), Kathleen Fiedler as Anna Weigel #2 (2006-), Holger Franke as Wolfgang Weigel (original cast member), Stefan Franz as Rolf Jäger (2002-), Jane Hempel as Sophie Himmel #2 (2001-), Isabell Hertel as Ute Weigel (1995-), Olivia Klemke as Franziska Gellert (2005-), Patrick Müller as Tobias Lassner (2006-), Kai Noll as Rufus Sturm (2003-), Annika Peimann as Lara Martensen (2006-2007), Ben Ruedinger as Till Weigel #2 (2000-), Marcel Saibert as Mars Sommer (2005-), Alexander Sholti as Björn Winter (2001-), Lars Steinhöfel as Easy Winter (2005-), Sarah Ulrich as Romy Sturm #2 (2005-), Milos Vukovic as Paco Weigel (2000-)

Updated overview of cast changes on German daily soaps in 2007:

Alles was zählt

Sam Eisenstein as Marian Öztürk - former recurring character placed on contract as of 03/07

André Dietz as Ingo Zadek - former recurring character placed on contract as of 03/07

Norman Kalle as Oliver Sommer - new contract role, arrived 04/07, left 09/07, returns 12/07

Juliette Menke as Lena Bergmann - new contract role, arrived 05/07

Susanne Schlenzig as Jutta Sommer - original cast member, gone as of 06/07

Jan Niklas Berg as Ben Roschinski - original cast member, gone as of 07/07

Igor Dolgatschew as Deniz Öztürk - new contract role, arrived 08/07

Armin Dallapiccola as Dieter Sommer - original cast member, gone as of 09/07

Andreas Seyferth as Lutz Hoffmann - original cast member, gone as of 09/07

Francisco Medina as Maximilian Santiago de Castillo - new contract role, arrived 09/07

Thorsten Grasshoff as Julian Herzog - original cast member, departs 11/07 (†)

André Emanuel Kaminski as Tim Herzog - original cast member, departs 12/07

Gute Zeiten, Schlechte Zeiten

Nik Breidenbach as Alexander Cöster - new contract role, arrived 02/07

Kristin Meyer as Iris Cöster - new contract role, arrived 02/07

Hanne Wolharn as Senta Lemke - joined in 2000, gone as of 03/07 (†)

Klaus-Dieter Klebsch as Hannes Bachmann - joined in 2002, gone as of 03/07 (†)

Stefan König as Sebastian Winter - joined in 2005, gone as of 09/07

Robert Lyons as Vincent Buhr - joined in 2004, gone as of 09/07

Sarah Tkotsch as Lucy Cöster - new contract role, arrived 11/07

Raul Richter as Dominik Gundlach - new contract role, arrives 12/07

Alexander Becht as Lenny Cöster - new contract role, arrives 12/07

Janina Uhse as Jasmin, Katrin Flemming's half-sister - new contract role, arrives 01/08

Marienhof

Mary Muhsal as Lilli Weidemann - joined in 2003, gone as of 03/07

Julika Wagner-Hohenlobbese as Amelie Verhaag - new contract role, joined 06/07

Christian Volkmann as David Verhaag - new contract role, joined 06/07

Gerd Udo Feller as Friedrich Dettmer - joined in 1995, gone as of 08/07

Susanne Steidle as Regina Zirkowski - joined in 1996, gone as of 09/07 (†)

Janne Drücker as Anne Maldini - joined in 2004, gone as of 09/07

Katharina Woschek as Marie Adler - new contract role, arrived 10/07

Maike Billitis as Kerstin Adler - new contract role, arrived 10/07

Sebastian Reusse as Harry Töppers - new contract role, arrived 10/07

Ivonne Polizzano as Netty Töppers - new contract role, arrives 11/07

Vaile as Jessy Wieland - joined in 2006, departs 11/07 (†)

Unter Uns

Annika Peimann as Lara Martensen - joined in 2006, gone as of 11/07 (†)

Verbotene Liebe

Klaus Zmorek as Adrian Degenhardt - new contract role, arrived 01/07

Miriam Lahnstein as Tanja von Anstetten - joined in 1995, gone as of 03/07

Tobias Schönenberg as Paul Brandner - joined in 2005, gone as of 04/07

Tabea Heynig as Anne Siebert - joined in 2006, gone as of 04/07

Nina Juraga as Max Frei - contract role 2005-2006, short-term return

Verena Zimmermann as Nico Brandner von Lahnstein - joined in 2002, gone as of 09/07

Romina Becks as Miriam Pesch - new contract role, joined 10/07

Jo Weil as Oliver Sabel - contract role 2000-2002, returned 11/07

Dominic Saleh-Zaki as Andi Fritzsche - joined in 2001, gone as of 11/07

Joscha Kiefer as Sebastian von Lahnstein - new contract role, arrives 11/07

Shai Hoffmann as unknown character - arrives 01/08

Thomas Ohrner as unknown character - arrives 01/08

Theresa Underberg as unknown character - arrives 01/08

Rumoured out: Thomas Gumpert (Johannes von Lahnstein, 2003-), Lars Korten (Leonard von Lahnstein, 2004-), Vanessa Jung (Jana Brandner #2, 2005-) and Mariangela Scelsi (Coco Faber, 2004-)

Archived