STUDIO 60: NBC May Move It!(per TVGuide.com)

bellcurve

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Studio 60 looks good. Plus I mean Aaron Sorkin created it and is writing it, so you can't go wrong there. I don't think many people would argue when he was helming The West Wing it was damn good television, he has the Emmys to prove it, as does Allison Janney; Richard Schiff and John Spencer (RIP). So NBC is smart to move it!! Very wise decision.

• Members

NBC's Fall Fix: Medium Out, Jordan In

NBC held a Thursday-afternoon conference call to discuss its fall schedule, which has been revised, in part, to avoid pitting Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip against CSI and Grey's Anatomy (which ABC slid into the Thursdays-at-9 slot after the Peacock had already unveiled its own lineup). The official word from NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly: Studio 60 is moving to Mondays at 10, bumping Medium to a mid-season return; Tuesday will feature Law & Order: Criminal Intent and SVU back-to-back, starting at 9, an adjustment NBC made after seeing that Fox didn't move House; Wednesday now starts off with the 20 Good Years-30 Rock combo, followed by The Biggest Loser and Kidnapped; the Thursday-at-9 problem is being solved with Deal or No Deal, a show with "a lot of momentum," says Reilly; and Fridays will now kick off with Crossing Jordan — that's right, no wait for mid-season — and close with Law & Order, which, Reilly says, will be invigorated by "multiple cast changes."

www.tvguide.com

very interesting schedule..I'm very happy that Studio 60 is in the 10pm slot on mondays..Now i will have the opportunity to watch it, also thats a timeslot that nbc does fairly well in...Tuesday night is interesting now with Friday Night Lights, Law and Order CI, and SVU...2 law and orders on one night might be overkill, but USA does it all the time in syndication...I'm glad the wednesday comedies got moved to 8pm, as they won't compete with Lost...but kidnapped at 10pm might be hard timeslot..Look how heist bombed...Deal or No Deal is a good show to put against greys and CSI...I will just watch Greys...Fridays should be solid for NBC, but moving Law and Order is a risky move, and probably one that pissed Dick Wolf off..

Archived