• Members

Thope are not the reason the ratings are up and they're not up, they're mostly down & if you wanna get technical, the whole time they were together they had record low demos, they broke up, Thomas left town and suddenly the demos were better.

Then again I put it all on Sheila & people tired of her 

lmao I don't believe a word of it 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

B&B ratings are down because not one story during the past 2 years has stuck. In fact, most have been met with indifference that I have to think hard about what's happened on the show!

The only highlight was the SINN reunion in Monaco, but that disastrous story origin was exactly the start of the decline.

Remember all the 'it's never been done before in soaps' + 'B&B will never be the same' - well, they were right! B&B has bombed out so bad that a lot of loyalists like me won't watch until the ship gets righted. I'm hopeful we're seeing the beginning of that change now.

• Members

B&B has been losing a lot of die-hards ever since the Finn death fake-out, imo. Bell promised a huge shake-up/reveal that would "change everything" and a lot of peeps had huge expectations, and (no pun intended) hope for the future of the show and then nothing happened and nothing changed and peeps were like you know what? never mind. lol

and I've always said Thomas/Hope only "works" if Hope's character *sees* being with Thomas as wrong/gross but does it anyway, because she can't help herself. That gives their relationship teeth and authenticity in the sense that feelings are weird, etc. The show trying to brainwash the fanbase into thinking Thomas is not the worst is absurd, similar to what they're doing with Sheila, but at least she went to prison! 

• Errol unpinned and unfeatured this topic