Jennifer Lopez cancels tour

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is sooo shady of GMA... LOOOOL. First the cute guy smiling while saying she cancelled her tour and then... they had to put her worst picture ever up. 

They clearly don't know her.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think the third option seems like the most likely. I am not a fan of her music but she has a reputation for being a workhorse so I don’t think another marriage in peril would stop the show for her. From the things that I have read (and I admit to not paying very close attention), ticket sales have been an issue.

Honestly, I had forgotten that she had a career in the music business. She still has a viable acting career, she would have been better off focusing on that. If she wants to do the performative aspect, she should seriously consider training to do some theater. Start modestly, off B’way. The Puerto Rican Traveling Theater would probably make space for her in one of their productions (she could even produce a production) and they’d likely be glad for the publicity she would bring. But that would require serious training and some humility.

• Members

I'm pissed. Absolutely pissed. I had tickets. Pre-sale and all. And then she cancels. This happened to me with Christina Aguilera, and I've yet to buy tickets for her again. Give me my refund, ASAP, so I can buy Janet Jackson tickets.

She was 78% sold at last tracking, so trying to suggest it's low ticket sales was bullshít; that's just ignore assholes trying to de-fame her once again.

• Members

Jennifer Lopez has sustained a career that her peers have not. She is a workhorse. 

However, her latest album is an unmitigated flop. It didn't crack the top 20 and very nearly didn't crack the top 40. 

She is overexposed and the media has turned on her. She can do nothing right.

She and her management have made a wise decision to retreat. I expect she will disappear for the foreseeable future. Whether there will be a marital issue down the road remains to be seen. 

• Members

Her last album and her documentary were... I don't have a word for them. Histrionic... narcissistic...?  And I have no problem with little of both, when it's little and not... IN MY FACE - trying to manipulate me tactics... The documentary... especially... as someone who has lived with a person with these tendencies... It was triggering to watch. There was this point where she gave musicians printed messenger messages between her and Ben aka The World's GREATEST affair. TO inspire THEM. Jesus imagine your boss giving you a book of her dealings with her MAN and telling you - go and read it, inspire yourself. LO..

She doesn't understand how tone-deaf and annoying all this is. People really want to say for themselves if something IS or ISN'T the greatest love affair of all time. When you say it and brag about it YOURSELF, acting like it's 2001... well it isn't honey - it's 2024. We are not in love with Ben, we don't need you to show us you greatest love every day, we got it - you are lucky and in love. 

That doesn't change the fact that the new album is just... underwhelming and boring. 

I adore J.Lo's hit songs... and when I drink, I become a fan...Trust me. J-lo was my first CD I used to own when I was a child. But at this point in the game, I repeat, I am NOT surprised what a big flop her projects have been. And yeah - we don't believe you had to cancel the tour you went your way to promote, just to be with Ben and family. It's obvious you are not happy that the world is not pulling the red carpet and screaming you are number one and you hate the media and the fans turning against you. But there is a reason for it, and it's not cancel culture this time.