• Members

Not really sure about the way EJ was written. He’s clearly coming off as a villain, but yet him keeping the secret about Jude is coming off as fear of losing Nicole. Maybe it would have been better if he had been a good person all this time, and finding out about Jude was the thing that made him a villain again. 

Still have no sympathy for Leo though lol 

Stephanie was written very stupidly today. She should have suspected something about Bobby/Everett immediately when the girl from the Pub showed up. This was one of the things that I was hoping wouldn’t happen. Hopefully, she smartens up in future episodes. I’m glad that Jada gave some insight about Bobby/Everett though. I’m still a little interested in the mystery about his mother. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just find it very disturbing that EJ knows but is going to keep it from Nicole. The rationale for it seems to be just being messy & soapy. And I think he does Nicole a disservice assuming she would leave him & be with Eric. I figure there's a 50/50 chance that she would stay with EJ & just co-parent with Eric. And, in fact she might be furious with Eric. He's been really stupid to go along as he has. By rights he should be suspicious about this baby. 

In general I find Stephanie to be stupid. I honestly do not understand why she is seeing him romantically at all. 

Is it weird to anyone else that we don't have writers credits yet?

Has anyone heard any more names of scab writers? Not Shari Anderson. Well, I've heard that Sally Sussman came out of retirement to lead the team. If she & Shari were both writing that would've been a real powerhouse team. I'm looking for confirmation.

Have we seen the last of Harris Michaels?

• Members
Posted (edited)

It is my favorite type of soap plot because it teeters right on the edge between intriguing and ridiculous.  I think melodrama requires that sort of dynamic. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I thought Monday was exciting.

I liked the tidbit about the missing woman that Jada was looking for in the woods.

I like where the BobEtte story is heading.

But, EJ not wanting to raise Eric's son still seems illogical given that he raised Allie, who is Lucas's daughter.

• Members

I just think it makes him look more like a tragic hero rather than a villain, which he really should be. I actually wouldn’t even mind Eric and EJ being the new Roman and Stefano. 

It makes Bobby/Everett’s storyline more watchable 

He might be back already, but I don’t think anyone is certain yet lol 

• Members

Oh Lord Baby Jesus! He knows now? The irony! The way tables have turned. 

Well, I hope WHEN Nicole finds out he knew, she reminds him of his history when she reads him for flith.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I like the new Salem High set. It’s that typical small Days set but I didn’t mind it. It means that they’re also invested in the teen scene. That being said, I liked Tate and Holly’s scenes but yeah, Leo Howard needs some work lol he didn’t really seem hurt or affected by Holly’s suggestion today at all. I’m kinda wondering how JMM would’ve played it. But I do like the mess that they’re in and I hope it gets pushed, especially during the summertime. 

I have mixed feelings about Kristen’s theory of Gil killing Li. On the one hand, I like that he wasn’t just following Clyde’s orders, but on the other hand, it seems so weak and clunky. Sort of like how Abigail’s murder was. 

And yeah, Alex is just pathetic, but at least he’s being written as he should be. Alex is not a big hero and RSW is not a romantic lead and today was more evidence of that. This is the type of character that really does suit him. I can’t wait til the truth comes out lol the aftermath of all this could be so good.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Just as I praised Marlena last week for keeping BobEtte's confidence about quitting therapy, she tells Brady that Alex is a womanizer.  I mean, I know Brady just got her a Mother's Day gift, but she didn't have to throw Alex under the bus like that just because he's sleeping with Kristen.

I'm amused by the idea that by the time Xander finds out he's the true heir to the Kiriakis fortune, there won't be any money left in the coffers. 

The window in Alex's apartment was distractingly fake. Why would a highrise have frosted windows?

• Members

I liked the Brady/Marlena scenes.  It's nice when Brady acknowledges her as the only mother figure he's known.  I actually don't think Marlena really betrayed too many confidences about Alex and therapy.  Alex admits he was a womanizer and it's not exactly a psychological disorder.  I saw her as more agreeing with what Brady was saying more than elaborating on the why in Alex's case.  Probably not terribly appropriate, but not the worst of her offenses lol.  She kept the Maggie/Konstantin stuff close to the vest at least.

Honestly, Alex probably just paid for stupid frosted windows on his rise just because it was expensive lol.

I am pretty sure Tate referred to Roman as his grandfather today to Sophia when he said he had to help at the Pub.  My hearing either has to checked after this (and what I thought EJ said Friday) or Tate was confused.  Unless John has taken a side gig at the Pub.

• Members

Friday's show:

Eric wearing only an apron.

He is looking

Please register in order to view this content

Carson hasn't improved. He can't act. He smiles during serious scenes.

Overall good Mother's Day episode.