• Members

I would let the wedding go off just fine, and the reception. Play with audience expectations. Then I would have a 90’s style slow motion attack on several people at once- Anna meeting with Jason at the coffee warehouse, Carly and Jagger headed in to the hotel, and Sonny and Ava in the parking lot of the penthouse. Nobody even has to die yet, but it would move the story danger level up a bit. Get the danger flowing again.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Another lackluster week where nothing happens.  You know the show is bad when Y&R is a little bit better. LOL  Where are the villains and schemers?  Where are the cliffhangers?  Where are the endings of an epsiode where you say, "I can't wait to watch the next episode."???  Where are the soapy elements of a soap opera?  There's just too much talking.  It's been like this for about 5 weeks now.  The show was never this boring for this long under Dan and Chris.  Under their tenure, I've never had GH ranked last out of the 4 soaps, but it's last for me right now. 

• Members

You know, I wonder if the reason why there seems to be a lack of big cliffhangers is because they're relying on the next episode's previews to hook the audience instead.

• Members

Now that you mention that, I would swap them, but have Ava off to the side and she sees it coming but doesn’t say anything, just hides and watches. I would also have Jake at the warehouse finally deciding to have it out with Jason and he is wounded (not seriously).

Oh I would do that too. At a concert for the 4th of July in the park with Blaze as the headliner. A Pikeman bomb goes off and the carnage is plentiful.  At least Blaze, Finn, Jordan, Cyrus all dead at the scene. Maybe Michael gets a good old fashioned soap head injury and has temporary blindness, recovers a few months later and sees his wife being sexed up by Drew while they still think he is blind.

• Members

If that's the case it's a dumb strategy.  Nothing happens the next day either lol.  It seem PM/EK are really focusing on dialogue (which is their known strength) and not moving anything along.  

Both of these would be great for me.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

At this point, I’d even go along with half the cast assembling in the Quartemaine kitchen for no reason at all - as Sasha prepares a big meal with the gas stove unexpectedly exploding, killing her, Cody, Blaze (who’s visiting the mansion to talk business with BLQ) and all the Chase’s at once.

Tracy can quip, “I’ve been telling Monica to replace that stove for YEARS!!”

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members
Posted (edited)

Well, me, i'm at a totally different place with the show. I, for one, am not wasting my time wishing for something to happen that is simply not going to happen. 

Whomever it is that is preventing a purge IS preventing them from writing any such thing. I do not like the size of the cast but I personally am more interested in posting about things that I'd like so see that have some semblance of possibility of happening. 

I realize that many people here wholesale criticize posters on FB & on TwiX, but that is not realistic. Some are awful but some are not.

Also I am enjoying the show. Is it perfect? No, of course not. I look forward, every single day to "NEXT, on General Hospital" as well as the official previews that come out about an hour after the Friday air show. I don't miss cliff-hangers. I don't miss Dan & Chris. I don't think they are talking too much. And, what they are saying & who is talking to whom, to me is excellent. This week our star was Anna. 

Please register in order to view this content

From the previews & what Anna said on Friday, she is gonna go straight at Carly Monday, which is a mistake but it is bound to be very dramatic. People are worried that Carly gave away some info to Brennan but we know she did not. He already knew that one of the three-letter orgs of gov. is who placed Jason in Pikeman. Brennan & Valentin already discussed this. So, the most Carly did was to confirm. 

What I see coming up is Pikeman coming to an end and one of those huge pre-Covid style weddings & I think both are suitable for Sweeps. 

I want to add my biggest criticism & that is with GH Promotion, or should I say the lack thereof, ... Tell me if you can WHY we have not had an interview or Q&A with the new writing team? Telling us what they planned for Sweeps? Telling us what they have on tap for summer viewing? Teasing us with what they're NOT going to tell us because we just have to tune in to see? We have had nothing in the way of promotion, that you typically would see from a new regime!!! 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
My complaint

• Members

Without having much experience in watching this show... /I have only watched bits and pieces from the 80s, and couple of months from 2013.../ I decided to check this new writer team yesterday and today /Mostly because sheer curiosity of what PM is when he is HW/ and give GH's 2024 episodes a try. I managed to see only 8 episodes, written by PM and EK and... I found them captivating and really interesting. The dialogue had substance and meaning. The characters feel like different people and everyone seems to have their own style and manner of communication. I detect this a lot, and it's important to me that I don't feel like bunch of characters are all the same or PART - GOOD, part - BAD, where it's one-dimensional. On the contrary - I am detecting shades and tones and I love that.   

I adore PM and I think it's too early for a proper evaluation. But from the episodes I watched... it did hook me and I managed to watch 8, which is great I think, even though I am still trying to decode who is who.  If someone can help - should I just keep on watching these new episodes or go back to when PM and EK first became HW? 

But again - I am not experienced to say if it's good or not good. I am only saying my opinion that the last 8 episodes DID interest me and I felt engaged... I think I may have to watch MORE to say... I am just saying my first experience with the new writing team is... GOOD.

And I have been watching TOO much Edge of night the past 10 days... which is quality material...  and I would have noticed if it's cheap trash or something boring.  In comparison to Bold right now - I found it 102093992029 times better. Again - forgive me for my uninformed and just ... new viewer impression. I am not OBSESSED with this show, like I became with Edge so fast, but I still haven't watched enough episodes to be! I will give it a try. 

• Members

Sweeps began Th. Apr. 25 so 12 days ago. PM/EK are on their Episode 41, so, 8 days is absolutely valid new viewer experience!!! There are so many of us who will answer your questions!!! I'm sure each of us has been a newbie on a soap many times. Welcome, BTW. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

The show still feels like they’re in a building phase but is definitely missing some soapy ummph to keep me invested. I’ve been watching live the last few weeks but its mostly become background noise for me. Where are the real stakes?

The most Pikeman has done is flop kill attempts and lowering Sonny’s med dosage. Ava’s set up to be the big pot stirrer and the only thing she’s really done is withhold information and lurk convos. Natalia’s supposed to be this nasty overbearing mother and the only thing she’s done is act afraid to say the word lesbian and ask valid managerial questions. Jason came back and all he does now is walk around bags of coffee beans with a clipboard. Don’t get me started on the Deception nonsense.

I think the dialogue is strong and we get interesting character interactions but you need more than that to make a good show. Highlights for the week to me were:

The Jason and Sam scenes at the warehouse. I  don’t understand at all why the show hasn’t played with the JaSam and Liason fanbases more. That is where the meat and potatoes in this SB return are not Jarly (and ogs here know I’m a Jarly friendship stan)

I also think Ava/Sonny/Natalia has been fun and Eva La Rue and MB are building nice chemistry after being pretty dry at first.

Finn and Alexis have nice chemistry and I think Easton is playing his alcohol struggles due to his fathers illness really well

Also enjoyed Jordan dragging Laura for her Heather worship

I like Carly and Jack’s interaction as well, Charles Measure should have been a Jax recast.

I’m giving the show til July to really standout otherwise I’m tapping out.

Edited by detroitpiston