• Members

Finally watching Thursday and Friday. Who are all these children? And why are they all on the same day and at the Q mansion?

I’m not really one to trash a child, but Violet has got to go. She really stood out in the wrong way around these other kids, some of whom were actually charming.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I have to chuckle that you are just now getting clued into the monster they created when they set out to make a precocious child in Violet. I'm not aware of any soap child who is as universally hated as is Violet! I just pray to the soap gods regularly for Hayden to appear long enough to get her & take her away!

Didn't she say something, like that?! 

Thursday: First they establish that it is Spring Break. Then, Tracy comes in & says, 

"Oh, good! More interlopers in (pause) Monica's house!" 

She keeps moving. When she lands in the kitchen, to Olivia, she says, 

"Where, for the love of god, is the nanny?! There are children in every corner of this house!" 

Edited by Contessa Donatella
checked Hulu

• Members

In the past FV was clearly the buffer/shield between Ron and ABCD as much as possible, particularly in the Frons years (with the exception of stuff like Kish, where he completely ceded to the network after some demo hits and dumped all the gays and minorities from OLTL in favor of white hardbody hunks more to his own historical taste - just ask anyone who unfortunately watched I Wanna Be a Soap Star).

Since Ron got axed I think FV has largely been running his fiefdom. I don't think it's about the network much at all. I never got the sense the network gave much of a shít what was running at that slot in these last 8 years so long as it turned a decent profit and was cheap - I think the show's weak, nonconfrontational storytelling, generic young white leads, Black C-story, zillions of cute kids and OLTL favorites/soap star cameos are all just Frank from top to bottom, trying to do the least in order to keep the show inoffensive and alive while also inserting all his preferences.

I would welcome a Shelley Curtis.

My experience with this show for years and years now. This shít started on GL, AMC and ATWT in the 2000s and has only gotten worse. Half these kids on the show should not exist.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Again, if that's Frank's goal, then he isn't aware that he's actually doing the opposite, keeping GH so inoffensive that he's boring the audience (which, as I've said countless times, is the worst sin you could commit in entertainment).

But I say that out of total respect for him and for the pressures he obviously faces everyday at the show.

Edited by Khan

• Members

My people are on: Kristina, Alexis, Sam, Molly, Diane, Anna, Dante, Blaze, Natalia.

Natalia is going to win Sonny's heart instead of Ava because they are both Hispanic.

• Members

I think what we're seeing on our screens is plenty enough to know what their ideas are.

We have this enormous, bloated cast and they're adding boring Blaze's brother after adding her annoying homophobic mother?

• Members
Posted (edited)

I’m not sure why they’re chem testing Sonny and Natalia and giving them all these intimate scenes talking about their families. Would only work if Natalia is secretly a mob Queen and secretly pulling the strings behind Pikeman.

Please register in order to view this content

But I seriously doubt that’s the plan. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

You're joking with this, right?

And BTW, Sonny walking around in the park by himself and running into Natalia on that bench is laughable television. I appreciate remote scenes, but  stuff like this is absurd.