DAYS: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have to laugh at the hypocrisy of posters “boldly” telling us that they've stopped watching, or quit when it moved to streaming, and then crying over the loss of the Horton set.

There's a reasonable difference between a stunt and a slap in the face to viewers.  As a 40-year viewer, I would argue that stunts, from casting to plane crashes, are as much a part of DAYS history as Tom Horton's chair.  So, thanks for checking in and telling me that this is the final nail in the coffin, or an expression of anger from a fired producer, but I'm fine, and I am certain the set will be as well.

Edited by j swift

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Good episode 

I like the way it’s all being written, even though they do seem to be hyping up Harris’ shooting as a bigger event than the fire, which it isn’t, but I think we all know who’s fault that is. But still the fire just seems so unnecessary. They had to have known that soap fans don’t like things like this. I hope the aftermath is as good as the spoilers are hinting.

Doug and Julie and Thomas were breaking my heart though. Too bad that he got cheated out of an Emmy lol

I liked seeing Tripp in Doctor mode too. 

And I am liking the Lucas aspect of the drug storyline, but honestly, why would anyone think that an apartment above a restaurant that everyone goes to would be a good safe house?

Please register in order to view this content

And, I enjoyed the Paulina/Chanel scenes. Paulina’s always at her best when she’s more subtle. But people still use DVD’s?

• Members

I think Clyde has to die.  I mean, he's already in prison, so that's hardly justice if he is sentenced to more time.

And considering Sloan is going broke babysitting for Nicole while she's in Europe (jk), we need to see some justice equally applied to the men of Salem.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Yes!!! Who would think hiding someone above Brady Pub would be an idea AT ALL, much less a good one!!

When we saw this on Day of Days my very first thought was the ornaments!!! And, here, we are & we don't know if they were saved, or salvageable, or what???!!! 

I am somewhat dismayed that we don't know today, right now, where Xander is or has been! 

I have not personally seen any non-watchers speaking about Burning Down Horton House, but even if they're not watching I can understand why DAYS fans would hear about it & be upset. Sure, why wouldn't they be? I know that if this had happened at a time when I was on a break that I would still have been upset to hear about it. To me that is just natural. 

Today was 34 minutes long but how many flashbacks did we have? Was it 7? It was a heckuva lot! We might've only gotten about 25 minutes of new content!

All of that said, it was good DAYS

• Members

To me, the problem with Clyde is that he's not very scary.  Joe Mascolo was somehow still menacing well into old age, so when Stefano made a threat, it felt as if something big was going to happen.  Clyde just seems smarmy and scummy.  So, it is hard to believe that the combination of Chad, Stefan, and Ava couldn't take care of him with one phone call.