GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Agreed.  I just have been pretty vocal about my concerns with KS in the past, so I feel the need to at least give an opinion.  I don't care if KS takes Ozempic or just decides to switch meds, work out, do yoga, run marathons, whatever.  I just take offense at the fact everything is sunshine and roses because KS is taking weight loss pills now.  It's a disservice to a woman I grew up watching and hope she does get the help she may need.    Maxie and her 100 children could disappear for years and I wouldn't shed a tear, but there is a real person behind the character that has shared her struggles and the whole thing feels weird.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think that's something we don't know. We don't know KS well enough to know how much her weight plays into her other problems and state of mind. It could be just a band aid on larger issues, but it could also be part of a plan to help her with other problems and in other areas of her life.

• Members

That's fair.  I just think if weight is playing such a huge part of your daily existence it doesn't seem healthy.  Not to get too deep into my life, but it's almost always going to be a more mental issue than a physical one on this from my experience.  But I am not KS and it's not my place to judge or Dr. Marlena Evans her from my couch.

Moving on,  are Sonny/Ava going to hook up?   Because I am against this.

• Members

I'm not, for all the reasons I've past stated - as a hook-up at least, it's scuzzy and dark and on par with who they are. But I have my doubts it'll actually happen again now, though it was clearly D&C's plan for the story probably as a Sonny/Nina spoiler. Just seems like a waste of time unless the show were to commit to a really dark storyline.

• Members

You know, I can create a really great fanfiction here and take Sonny/Ava to a dark place and..............then Brenda shows up to bring light and sunshine to the world.  I can see a drunken Ava/Sonny hook up, but I fear it alienates Ava even more from the canvas.

• Members

It is not gross to weigh in on this topic. Even before drugs like Ozempic, people weighed in when a public figure experienced weight loss. That's human nature, just as it's human nature if someone gains a lot of weight, or.... I could go on with another dozen issues.

Caroline mentioned that she hopes we don't forget about the rest of KS's troubles. I fully agree. If she loses weight, I hope it also improves other parts of her life. I want her to be happy and healthy.

Even when I disagree with others, I enjoy hearing their points of view and learning. Caroline said we should think of Kirsten's other problems and not see Ozempic in isolation. She made a good point that neither Donna nor I mentioned -- even though we both agree with her. So yes, I learned something.

And Vee, if you're accusing me of having a "burning need to be at the center of every conversation in every single thread on the board" and that I "will just float saying literally anything about a person to pull focus to myself," I don't know what to say. I'm not going to deny what doesn't exist.

I enjoy posting on this board. I think it should be ok to disagree with other posters. If I'm out there on a limb by myself, I'm fine with that. If you or others disagree with me, argue with my opinion or ask for an explanation without attacking me -- veiled or otherwise.

I stopped snarking at you long ago. I have no desire to argue with you or anyone else.

Errol and Toups, I apologize for this post. I know you must roll your eyes when "this happens." I had to respond, though. In the future, I hope posters who dislike my opinions or style or me will either DM me or put me on ignore.

• Members

I think at the end of the day 90% of this board cares about the actress, the character, and the person behind all of this.  I don't think anyone of us wants to wish KS ill will, ill health, or whatever, but do worry about her.  I wish KS well and hope it works out for her as she was always my favorite Belle.

• Members

No, I actually wasn't referring to you at all. Though I do think you need to pick better hills to die on when it comes to multiple posters who've apparently been suspended from posting before. But hey, I'm sure the other one will be back any day now.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Can I just say this mentality makes me sad. I think she deserves privacy. We all do. I know lots of people, especially online, think this way. It just makes me sad for her and others that just because she is on tv that people presume she should have zero privacy, or chose to have zero privacy by having an entertainment career.

I am not making this a personal attack, lots of people feel this way. For me, it’s sad.

• Members

Kirsten's case is sort of two things can be true at the same time.  Does she possibly want privacy now?  Yes.  But she's also actively sought out attention.  She did a whole reality show after numerous issues.

I am not saying we should full on speculate about her issues, but she was a child star, she's been in the business for years, and has mostly been successfully employed, so I don't really feel too bad for her.  She can step away if she feels the need to.  Her ex-husband and baby daddy is still gainfully employed.

• Members

Thank you. This covers what I meant, rather well. 

The way they tape it's impossible to be us & to estimate. They shoot out of order just like movies do. When FinalMolly first taped, she was on air 2 days later. And, IAMJOHN & ELR taped the same day & he's been on for weeks & yesterday was her first day. 

• Members

2-15

Well I was wondering if the writers were setting up randomly one day Maxie and Spin to get back together. And now it really seems they slowly, but surely doing so. So I can't help, but wonder if they are FINALLY going to write Maxie out. If so, color me shocked on one hand. On the other hand, at least if they are, they are writing her out with one of her debateable (and alive) couplings. 

Okay, I admit...I definitely was enjoying the mystery of if Dex was behind the shooting on Sonny. And it definitely had some tension to it. But that came to a full stop when I was taken out of the scene. Why? Sonny is just now finding out that Michael hired Dex. For some reason, I thought he had already found out. I had totally forgot they never planned that beat to the tale because doesn't everyone know at this point? And then Carly runs in being Carly...and this plot has died quickly. lol.

Speaking of forgot, I forgot Blaze wasn't out. I've been enjoying her and Kristina coming together. Well, Kristina getting a story period. So I'm happy to watch them and knowing more is on the way for them story-wise. 

Olivia Jerome...you don't say. The plot thickens. 

I don't know what's going on and kinda scared to find out, but given how the writing has been going for Maxie and the history surrounding the actress and the character, this is how I feel as well and also very true about this board. 

• Members

So far in the random episodes I’ve watched, I haven’t had to deal with Spinelli one of my absolute least favorite characters I’ve ever had to endure on this show. If that’s how she gets written out, that’d be a shame.

• Members

Oh it's been minimum, but it's also been gradual from what I can tell with Spinelli. 

When he moved into Maxie's...my mind went hmmm. Because they both have been floating around as of late without love interests. So would the writers...?

I didn't even put much stock in it when Cody kept bringing it up to Spin who doesn't even like Cody. But now seeing Maxie discuss it out loud to Sasha...I'm like...oooooh? 

Granted I was not a regular viewer when her and Spinelli were a couple, but they were fairly popular, no?