GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It just struck me by surprise since I just read about it. I have no inside knowledge, nor do I search out spoilers so it's nice to be surprised every once in a while by an unexpected casting. It rarely happens anymore. Everyone knows everything before it even happens.

My earlier wish was when Eva appeared on Y&R a few years ago (as Lola's mother of course), that she would be paired with Jack Abbott. She would have been perfect for him to sail off with a lovely wife. Don't know what happened there (other than the demise of the Hispanic characters and/or covid), but Susan Walters is equally perfect for Jack to finally have a wife in his golden years.

I love ELaR and will be very happy to see her here or anywhere.

• Members

I'm not sure if my attitude about spoilers is weird or not. I neither seek them out, nor avoid them. I just try to peacefully coexist with them. I think it's the only thing zen in my whole life. But because of it I either know all this stuff or I know not a single goldarn thing - extremes, not in the middle. 

• Members

I know I said upthread I like Blaze just fine, but we don't need ELR as her mother!  I seriously don't know how this show affords all these actors.  And it just going to be another useless character taking up airtime.   I like ELR and all, but is she the go to mother character for any Hispanic actress on soaps now?

• Members

It's only necessary that she be the go to Hispanic homophobic mother for this character on this show at this time. Nice of you to think of her in that possibly career making actress vista. You'd think people are unfamiliar with romantic pair obstacles. Personally I'm in favor of waiting & seeing. There seems to be ample evidence of storyline need. But, if they waste her, there will be plenty of time then to complain. Ahead of time, aren't we just buying trouble? 

• Members

What?  I am not sure what your point is and I honestly don't even know what career making actress vista means.   I think it's a waste of money and a waste of Eva to play a C character's homophobic mom.  There are plenty of obstacles for Blaze/Kristina as is.  I really don't understand this shows casting decisions.  This isn't a knock on ELR, but if GH wants to shell money out for a bigger name they should figure out a better character for her.  

• Members

I'm gonna give it a shot because I've seen some of Mulcahey (if this is him, we dunno yet) doing LGBT stories like this before with key family member. I love Eva and if this is PM I doubt it's just another name brought in for star value to fill more space on canvas. We also dunno if she's contract. And I say that as someone who finds everything with Kristina and Blaze lukewarm at best thus far. But we'll see how it goes. (We also dunno if they're culling the cast, which they desperately need to do.)

• Members

I don't have high hopes.  I get so frustrated with GH casting because they add and add and add people that don't feel necessary.  I like Blaze/Kristina, but I don't think the romance is an A level story and I don't think ELR needs to be the homophobic mother. How far can a character like that possibly go?  She learns the error of her ways and ends up romancing Sonny lol?  I guess I'll wait and see and if the cast starts getting trimmed I will shut up.

• Members

Oh, constantly. But I think back to Mulcahey's stuff with the Avants on B&B and wonder if this is of a piece with that, and then only a family character who is tertiary vs. another needless name player. But I may be projecting wildly, we'll see. I agree Kristina and Blaze do not seem ready for primetime to me.

• Members

I think my point is clear. You don't & that's okay too. I made up the vista line in response to your "is she the go to mother character for any Hispanic actress on soaps now?" Actors have made careers out of playing the same role over & over, which seemed to be what you were describing. (And, yes, I know you weren't being literal, me either.) I'm excited. You're appalled. This is soap fandom. 

And may I suggest they get that Chase family child who is 9 going on 35 OFF OF MY SCREEN! I would readily accept that as a start! 

• Members

Yeah, I should just wait and see.  I just have a knee jerk reaction to these cast announcements and I see who they are playing and just ask why?

It reminds me of Tamara getting cast as freakin Oscar's mom and the entirely wasted character of Kim Nero.  I know, I know, new regime and all, but I am still traumatized by that lol.

Violet would be my first sacrifice.