GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like Nina and Sonny. MB's best couple since Brenda's last return in 10-11 and Kate in 07-08. I am not saying they have a potent chemistry, but it's better than his previous couples. Claire, Olivia, KS's Kate, and LW's Carly were no romantic chemistry zone. MB and CW work well together playing romance than what they had prior to this with LW and IR. There is a warmth and affection that makes me enjoy Sonny and Nina.  That's it. They are okay. Decent chemistry. If it's Nina or Carly or Bust, I want Sonny with Nina. She made him likeable and rational to me instead of stuck in same old patterns. 

But the problem is as another poster said these writers REALLY wants us to hate Nina and love Carly like it's personal to them. You get the feeling there is a score to settle that MB gives more to CW than LW so they getting even with him. You want a new leading lady? Okay. But we are going to tank her. Enjoy. 

• Members

Well BlondeJagger's appearance buried the fact that Eden's back.  Where's @AbcNbc247 to commiserate with me lol?

Also, we didn't talk about how BlondeJagger's first scene was with Carly because of course it was....She's never not going to be sniffing near Brenda's sloppy seconds.  Move along Drew.  BlondeJagger's in town now!  

• Members

Do Brenda fans really want her back in the FV era to be ruined at the altar of Carly?

Soapy Carly is long gone. Saint Carly is propped to the heavens and will be written as superior to Brenda just like Nina and Ava. They never win an argument over her and are forced to beg her for help at times. 

VM is smart enough to not return to GH for LW to run roughshod over her like the rest of her female co-stars. Carly dominates the other women under FV as the queen bee alpha female presence. Writing is skewed beyond belief since 16-17 to make Carly as bulletproof as possible in every story. Everyone kisses her ass. Nobody calls her out. Brenda will be made subservient to Carly in this era just like Nina and Ava. You get along with her or get run over. 

Edited by Vince79