GH: January 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Spinelli doesn't bother me that much.  Listen, you saw my list of characters to go and Spinelli was not on it.  He's okay in very small doses.  He peaked in annoyance about a decade ago, but I still think I would take him if I got a lot less Violet, Finn, Michael, and Willow.  I reserve the right to change my mind if it becomes too much again. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

This is great! It just sucks that Britt is not around. That pairing was going somewhere until they added the poorly written Carly marriage story (which could have been done better). I dont want to see him with Sam though. Pull someone unexpected not Carly or Elizabeth again.

Being that this was always a possibility, they should've just said Jason went somewhere on a mission or got kidnapped rather than died.

Jason had actually taken lead status from Sonny in 2017, but they show rightfully has a more ensemble function now.

Edited by Planet Soap

• Members
Posted (edited)

I just kinda have a feeling that Drewfus might be seeing an exit soon. 
Basically the whole GH world is in an uproar over his speech to Nina which was his expressing his frustration that he couldn't fight her because she's a woman, because he wouldn't hit a woman. Me, it didn't bother me. I find it to be a very real relatable feeling. Of course, it's a good thing that he has values that would prevent him from doing physical violence to a woman & there's no reason it's not also a good thing for him to express that.

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
Fix a problem

• Members

You halfway expect that to be like the joke wall on "Laugh-In."  (Monaco: "Is that another one of those chicken jokes?")

You and I know very well that it was all she could do not to stab Frank Grillo in the head repeatedly when they worked together on GL.

• Members

I'm not sure about the last one (pairing Jason with Liz) but I'm down for the other two. 

They could say that Jason had his memories restored by a surgeon who operated on him after that cave-in and found scar tissue on his brain that had been affecting his memory and personality; and that Jason has been living away from Port Charles under an assumed name, due to the guilt and shame he has felt over his association with Sonny and alienation from his family.

Then, down the road, Jason decides to go back to school and become a paramedic (with his education largely funded by Sonny, of course, lol).

• Members

Now, wait. Previously they offered this to Burton, that they would have his brain trauma healed & his memory & cognitive function would be restored, etc. It sounded to me like an actor's dream, an Emmy reel story if there ever were one. And, he flat turned it down. 

• Members

I just don't see any point in spitballing about Jason. Steve will never agree to play Jason Q again and the show will never force him to. His looks have dramatically declined in the pandemic and his performance is as banal as it's been for many years. I'd simply kill him for good.