ALL: Hope/wishes for the soaps in 2024 except Days which tapes 2 years ahead

• Members

Yeah but it’s so frustrating and kinda ruining the flow. I mean I get what he’s aiming for with it: “Fast pace”.. I even think this is for the TikTok generation with an attention span of 12 seconds but everytime u think it’s getting where it’s either a cut to the next scene again or a commercial. It’s so ridiculous lol 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Are you kidding me? Who is talking about Deidre. I LOVE Deidre and she is my favorite character. You need to chill out, person. 

Please register in order to view this content

I hope you are not over 25... since childish reactions like these are pathological after some age.

Edited by OpportunisticSlut

• Members

One of the best examples of WHY it is NOT good for a show to be X character's show is... Brooke circa 1994/2014. For these 20 years this character was terribly overexposed. She dominated in episode counts pretty much every year and was married pretty much every 2 years. And I think there were points like 2006 or 2007 when she was in like 95 percent of a year's worth of episodes, dominating every storyline. Even though I LOVE KKL, and Brooke is essential to Bold as water is to human beings... what happened is Bradley made Bold - The Brooke show aka Brooke sleeps with the wrong man show. The first 3-4 times it was great and fun, but then after sleeping with all her relative's husbands... there just was nothing left of the original character. This overexposure, which could have been split into different characters... with every sex scandal given to Brooke, made the character a joke and a caricature. It is only because of KKL's charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent

Please register in order to view this content

, Brooke has been able to survive through sleeping with Deacon and Bill. Storylines so vile... most normal people WILL never root for this character ever again. But they are... just because KKL is amazing. BUT, it's tiring to watch Bold sometimes... Everyone forgot that Brooke was once very interesting and nuanced character. Brooke was clever and manipulative, she took Forrester like a lionnes. And then to see that character and what IT became past 1999... it's sad. And a lot of this is because of over-expose and giving every shocking thing to her. You know when you eat so much cake, in the end it's not sweet, it's bland. That's what happened. Even if Brooke slept with the Pope and got pregnant... it will not shock anyone these days.

Keep your annoying spam messages to yourself, sweetie pie.