GH: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Really loving the last few episodes of GH.  The Lucy-Scotty-Tracy-Brooklynn story sounds like it'll be classic scheming, soapy fun.  The Cody-Mac-Felicia tale should be sweet.  The Esme-Spencer-Nikolas-Laura story should be excellent as the old and new Esme merge.  Even the Cyrus-Nina-Sonny-Carly stuff is shaping up to be a nice throwback to villainy.  I hope that hot WSB director character comes back in a new, permanent role.

I don't think Maxie's going anywhere.  I've accepted Kristen Storms staying in the role and she's got the only kids on the show that are entertaining and watchable (besides Elizabeth's 3 sons, but they're growing up).

• Members

Lexi’s recasting was a HARD pill to swallow. It felt like they were finally giving Lexi a front burner storyline and an opportunity to shine.  It reminded me of the situation where they let go of Robyn Richards, only for KS as Maxie to revisit the heart storyline. 

But boy is Kate Mansi bringing some life the role. She has strong chemistry with her love interest. She is a strong enough actress to act opposite her family.  Recasts are always hard to swallow, especially of long time players. I have to give kudos to Frank on this call though. 

• Members

It's weird to me because I think Lexi could have handled this current material just fine.  I know she said it was a "mutual" decision between her and the show, so maybe she didn't want to work that much?

Anyway, Kate Mansi is doing great, so I don't have any complaints.  I just don't know why the show felt a need to go in a different direction.

• Members

The moment I heard Mansi was in the role of Kristina, I immediately knew they got rid of LA for this reason. They knew they wanted to write this big surrogate storyline, and they wanted a powerhouse actress to be in it. Or who knows, maybe KMansi put herself out there to these guys that she wanted a role on GH so they plunked her into this one.

I have no doubt that LA just nicely said it was mutual (or whatever). I don't believe they wanted this s/l to go to her. Kate Mansi is a huge "get" for a recast of a character that was historically barely on since her big ShiloHank cult s/l. I think Lexi's babyface youthful appearance did her in this time.

• Members

I don't doubt you are correct, but LA played the character for years and also won an emmy for it.  I think Haley Pullos and Lexi Ainsworth would have done fine with this story.  Kate Mansi is a "get", but I don't think Mansi is that much better of an actress than Lexi.  They are both very good.  I do, however, concede to your point that LA's looks might have played into it.  She still looks so, so young.

I am not complaining about Mansi.  I think she's doing great.  I just don't think the material was out of Lexi's range either.

• Members

Yes, I can't believe LA is over 30.  She could still play a teen believably.

I agree the OG Davis girls were fine.  I really like Kate Mansi though.  I just think LA was nowhere near the top of my list of people to get rid of on GH.  She needed more material.  She was really good, IMO and could have done this story justice.   It's not a huge deal because I think KM will slay this material too.  I just think LA was done wrong by GH after years of being a very serviceable team player.