DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Okay, this is Scab Dialogue week 2, right? I really liked today's show. So much so that I'm going to tell some folk who haven't been watching to take a look at today. Obviously it is the same characters & the same stories but the narrative was so much better. I mean by that, that to me at least, the execution was vastly improved. Did anyone else get that impression? 

Little thing, I love how awful Dimitri's prison haircut looks! Kate was better Kate. Paulina was better Paulina. Dare I say it but Leo even was a little better. I'll be anxious to hear what people think. 

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's funny, but it made me wonder - Aren't Evan and Jan off raising their spawn together?  It is hard to believe that they're getting along, but maybe those two cray kids are making it work.

No laugh emoji here?  That's your best line today!

Although it is interesting that John Black has never recovered from amnesia, and that's been going on for decades...

Almost as annoyed as I am about this thread discussing everything but DAYS December 2023 episodes - jeesh!

Edited by j swift

• Members

Abe's story really did stall.  Paulina and Abe have shared similar scenes over and over for months.  After the Whitley story I think Abe should have gotten his memory back until the show could pivot to something else for Paulina/Abe which spoilers seem to indicate they are soon.  Also, that wedding photo they keep using is just not a flattering picture of Jackee.  Couldn't they find a better one?

We really were robbed of EJ punching Leo!  Ugh..

Some of the dialogue today was a bit clunky and I noticed it.  Paulina/Melinda's entire unecessary scenes?  Kate saying she rarely agrees with John/Steve to Abe?  Since when?  You almost married one of them.   Sloan referring to Eric and Nicole's daughter Holly?  I know she meant Eric and Holly separately not her as his daughter, but it would have been easier to say Eric and Holly, Nicole's daughter and less confusing for me lol. That could have been entirely on JS though. 

Also, I would say this thread each month has improved greatly from all the infighting and insults it used to have and pages of pics of shirtless men (not actually complaining about that

Please register in order to view this content

).  It might drift a bit, but it's a much more peaceful place than it was 6 months ago.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Ha! Ha!  I am not trying to convince you.  I don't think it matters much on weekends when the board and thread are entirely dead, but some of this stuff could easily move to the BTS Days thread.  I just remember the days of pages and pages of personal insults and fighting that happened and as long as everyone is mostly respectful and talking about the show in some capacity-I personally don't care or just scroll on.  There are a core few of us that are on this thread everyday and it's nice when others join.

• Members

My issue with Days in its current form is the cast. The only characters I like are Marlena, John, and Bonnie. Alas, Bonnie has been written dreadfully out of character since her return in 2020 (which is weird because she was written properly in 2017 and 2018).

I am grateful, however, that they took action and got rid of actors I absolutely couldn’t stand (Madison and Banus). Hopefully 2024 will bring more cast cuts and better returns (Eileeeeennn!).

As for the writing, I feel fired guy is 95% responsible for bad writing so I am very excited to see what an unshackled Ron can do with Janet. I enjoyed his first three years. 

• Members

4.6/10

I hate these episodes that tease something is going to happen to move the story forward and then nothing happens.

Leo using the secret entrance is funny.  Again, the issue of where and when security cameras are placed at the Dimera house doesn't make sense.

How does Lucas know what Dimitri looks like unless he's been watching DAYS in prison?  And are we just going to overlook Lucas's meager pony-tail?  It is giving Steven Seagal vibes.

I like the EJ and Nicole scenes, since she “lost” the baby.  It makes the triangle much more equal than when we saw evil-EJ trying to hire multiple hit-people over the summer.  I hope EJ doesn't do anything duplicitous to mess this up because I enjoy vulnerable EJ.  Although I giggle every time they mention moving on or putting the past behind them, given that in their universe this whole thing happened like two days ago.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think it's pretty clear EJ, Nicole, Eric, and Sloan are carrying the show right now.  Even with Leo/Dmitri I am enjoying the story.

The Lucas stuff was random.  Just release him already.  I don't know who Lucas would interact with besides his mother at this point, but his random pop ups don't do anything to move story.