DAYS: December 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Giddens is back already??? Damn. He’s right up Ron’s behind. Bad news.

I’ve been saying all along that Janet should not have been named Co-ep. She was there the whole time that the crap was going on and did nothing to help the situation. You know that people went to her because she was next in line from the fired guy. 

Edited by TEdgeofNight

• Members

CORRECTION -- I thought Jamey didn't mention Sistas,
but he *did*.  I missed it the first time I listened.

Jamey does mention Sistas for one minute near the end.  Jamey said he wrote 6 episodes of Season 7 of Sistas, which will air in 2024.
He says this from 1:01:35 to 1:02:40 of the LocherRoom interview.
He says Ron Carlivati allowed him to do both.

As you may know, Sal Stowers (DAYS' Lani Price) is currently airing on Season 6B of Sistas right now.
Jamey says she's also in Season 7.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Hopefully Jamey’s return means nepo hire Henry Newman (and ideally his mom) is gone. For me, Days’ biggest writing problem are the script writers who simply do not know or understand these characters and their history. In addition, Fran is a terrible script editor who can’t even keep the day-to-day continuity straight. Show her the door. Fire all the scriptwriters and breakdown writers and replace them with previous Days writers.

Marlena was shown nearly daily last month because the fired guy was burning through Dee’s guarantees. Same with Lauren.

• Members

It might have all been filmed in one day but it counts as individual episodes, thus burning through their guarantees. Notice Lauren came off contract immediately after appearing almost every day for a month. Info comes from an administrator at another soap board I frequent (the one with the crown).

• Members

Fired guy hated Marlena and John and literally said it’s “not fair” that they have so many family connections. Well, that’s what happens when your leading lady has been in 5000+ episodes! So yeah, he was why John and Marlena rarely get family scenes. For example, fired guy is responsible for Johnny being in the Dimera bubble and not interacting much with his grandmother. Fired guy was also a Patch fan which is why Patch and Kayla are so often paired with John and Marlena (to try to make his faves relevant).