General Hospital: July 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I feel like outside of Michael, who is a dud of course, the "younger" GH male cast is in okay shape. Chase isn't my favourite, but he's passable. Backstory aside, Cody is fine. Dante is good. Zeke seems popular. TJ is good as well. I'd get rid of Michael, bring back a good Lucas and/or Tommy Hardy, and go from there.

The main issue is the younger female cast. Maxie needs to go. Sasha and Willow are not needed. I guess they're finally using Kristina but just get rid of Molly at this point. No to Joss. No to Esme. Trina  and Brook is fine, but they need some more. I didn't go through everyone's suggestions but there's got to be some 20s/30s girls out there to bring on. I get there's some reason they won't use Serena, but there's definitely some others out there. I'd definitely use Emma and Lila Rae instead of Joss and Esme.

I still try to figure something out about Lulu, Nikolas, and Lucky. They need at least one or two of them. 

Gh though is just allergic to their legacy characters outside of ones that fell out of Carly. I've never seen a show that is sitting on like 10-12 goldmine characters offscreen and that they refuse to use.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would bring on Christina (Lucy and Scott's kid) as a spiky feminist writer, Annie Donely as a cop or WSB, Emma as a young vixen, maybe a young Ward woman and at some point maybe Serena. I'd recast and retool Joss who would be a support player for awhile before becoming more prominent again. Maybe Lila Rae. Sarah and Keesha Ward would be back too but they're older. Same with a probably recurring Gia, same with Lulu who would only be back later.

New guys of varying age: Lucas, Thomas Hardy Jr., Alec, a new, geeky younger Euro Quartermaine for Joss (the illegitimate grandchild of Alexandria), a boy/man or two from the Asian Quarter and possibly Dr. Rick Webber Jr. Some younger men TBD later. Older dudes: A hot new man for Laura.

Maxie, Sasha, Willow, Gladys, Sam, Molly, Jordan: Gone. Nina would be phased out slowly as part of a psycho storyline with Sonny and Brenda. Esme, also phased out and return from time to time. Molly could potentially be re-introduced down the road whoever is in the role. Maxie can return someday far from now. Kristina, I haven't decided but it ain't lookin' good. (We'd deal with the name thing - Christina would probably become Chris or something.)

Michael, Chase, Dex, Curtis, Austin, Finn, T.J. #1: Gone. Michael could be recast in a long stretch down the road. I'd give CM a chance to regrow the beard.

Returned men: Sean Kanan, Chad Brannon because he looked insanely hot in his recent appearances and undead Zander could do for an extended arc for Liz and Cam, and either Jonathan Jackson or a Lucky recast, same with Nikolas for Tyler or someone new down the road. Justus as an elder for the Qs, possibly Joseph Phillips or someone slightly younger, possibly for Portia. Maybe Steve Webber, maybe Dillon Q. We have no lives.

Edited by Vee

• Members

What about returning Maya Ward with Karla Mosley in the role? Annie Ilonzeh was nice in the role, but I also don't see her returning, and Mosley appears to be popular with soap fans, so it could be a casting win. And then that could lead to the true re-introduction of the Ward family, with Keesha Ward joining along, even if for a guest stint.

All of this is a WIN! A complete win, honestly.

Sean Kanan's return as AJ Quartermaine is long overdue, however, I think the last experience put a major sour taste in his mouth about being on that set, which is unfortunate. But his return is needed. I know you suggested "slightly younger" for Jutus' return, but what about Peter Parros? He's one-year older than Phillips, but he'd be an amazing talent for General Hospital to secure, and I do believe his chemistry with Brook Kerr could be a major potential win! Or, if we wanted younger, Paul Taylor (ex-Isaac, As the World Turns)?

Dillon is another Q that should be on the canvas, period. It made no sense for Dillon to exit the last time.

• Members

Oh, I can't stand Peter Parros lol. Sorry. Or Karla Moseley.

I do think I'd want to reintroduce Maya, the mythical Zoe Ward or both. I just have no clue who or in what way.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I saw on #SoapTwitter: 

General Hospital News: Fans Want The Show’s Producers To Give Haley Pullos Another Chance

Now, that is not what I'm seeing. Fans want HP to be held accountable for her actions & fans hope she'll turn her life around. 

Fans just want the Davis women to all make sense as their characters & in story. Many different ideas about resting Molly or recast #4 or how to go forward with this Molly, etc. 

Then, a few do seem to hope that HP will return after whatever happens.

• Members

I would love for Zoe Ward to finally appear.  Were those rumors she was coming ever real or just online fan fiction?  I remember hearing about her for at least a year and she was going to be paired with Michael.  Obviously, don't pair her with Michael now, but I thought Maya was a big dud.   I am sure she could be rebooted, but AI's Maya was extremely boring.   

As far as Christina (Lucy daughter) does the show ever mention her?  I get confused at what part of PC was/is cannon.  I know she still exists but does GH acknowledge her ever?   With Lucy, it seems like some of her history stays in character, but things like her relationship with Kevin are barely mentioned.

• Members

I think it was a real plan, but I think Guza lost interest in it because it wasn't his central core just like he lost interest in Valentin and so many other things. IIRC a version of Dante was on the books for years before he finally got round to casting him. GH wanted lots of attention for bringing back the Wards at the time and kept pumping up Maya and Zoe (IIRC Zoe was mentioned onscreen constantly for awhile), then did zero with them because Guza didn't care about Black characters or non-mob - he just wanted the accolades and PR buzz of being credited with bringing back a Ward.

I believe they've mentioned her having daughters in passing, so AFAIC Christina is still canon and real. I'm not sure if/when Christina was mentioned by name, but I suspect she was in early 2013. I think most of PC can be counted as canon til the vampires show up, but even then we know Alison and Rafe existed. IMO the very muddled upshot of the Caleb/Silas mess in '13 was RC hinting in the end that Caleb's magic ring had somehow warped reality, and made everyone 'forget' Livvie, etc. - as in, all that stuff still really happened and those people did exist, they just don't remember some of them. This was not explicitly stated in text, but it's what I took away from the final scene (where Caleb gets up in the morgue, takes the ring and leaves).

In fairness, Ron reunited them at first and then I think maybe a year later seemingly busted them up with Scott and a very, very strange mostly offscreen romance for Lucy with Duke just out of boredom.

I know Genie and JL are happy but I will never get over Kevin and Lucy not being together, and I don't think Kevin is right for Laura so yeah, I'd go back there.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Not tested, they actually were together and consummated it for a while in the spring of 2012. As someone who'd always been curious about Luke and Anna together, I can say that in practice it was gross and awful and could not end soon enough. But that also may have been down to Ron's execution, which was just dreadful for them.

Duke and Lucy was so bizarre. It mostly happened offscreen, and then one day we saw them again after weeks or a month (the common practice for Frank and Ron with vets back then, somewhat less so now) and they're both in bathrobes in Duke's apartment having breakfast, clearly having slept together. I was baffled.

• Members

When Maya was cast there were rumors and maybe even interviews about the intention to cast her sister Zoe and pair her with Michael.  I would say this was around 2011 ish.  I think Zoe was even mentioned on the show, but she never materialized and the Wards faded back into obscurity once Mya left.

When Lucy first came back I think I do remember them mentioning her kids.  I just honestly don't remember them mentioning her in the last several years.  

So Livvie potentially still exists?  Interesting.

I don't remember Duke/Lucy at all.  I do remember Luke/Anna unfortunately

• Members

My conclusion is that she did/does, but has been wiped from memory by the magic spell or whatever. In terms of official canon though, I'm pretty sure GH has no idea and doesn't want to go there lol. Which I can understand given the 2013 story's extreme unpopularity, but OTOH don't be cowards! I'd go there with bringing on her and Rachel Locke for a story sometime, why not. I still prefer Esme to be Rachel's daughter.

Edited by Vee