WTGH

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Her mother actually. :lol:

I love that video:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnQC0cjYtvU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnQC0cjYtvU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnQC0cjYtvU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

I never knew she did another video with the Take a Bow matador with the incredibly pert bottom. I do remember this song. I think Madonna's look fit in well in period settings, perhaps because the sharpness of her features is very 1940s (not sure when this is set though...).

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I think I remember the song mostly for the video. This video is also gorgeous. I guess in some ways when Madonna became more homogenized she depended more on the video (her 80s stuff was obviously video-heavy but I think the music holds up on its own and I think of the song first, then the images) -- I like "Secret" but that video never did a lot for me, mostly because, while she is very sensual, you just keep focusing on her boobs and wondering why they're hanging out the whole time.

What did you think of the Bad Girl song or video?

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Bad Girl is one of her best video moments. It was also directed by David Fincher (who directed Express Yourself, Oh Father, and Vogue).

That song was not radio friendly or commercial (like most of the Erotica album), but I think it was another case where she knew it wasn't going to perform well commercially, but she had a great video concept for it.

• Members

Like A Prayer and Ray of Light are her most well-regarded albums, and set of videos as well from the singles off those albums.

Her recent videos, primarily from 2003 onwards, are regarded as some of her worst. I think she probably stopped caring as music videos don't have the same type of impact as they used to have.

Her singles catalog is quite massive and diverse, I guess it would depend of which "Madonna era" is your favourite.

• Members

Yeah, I meant, what would your favorites be, whether that's considered her best or not by common opinion.

Videos I don't notice as much but I did enjoy the Take a Bow and Like a Prayer videos. The quaintness of some of her early videos, especially Material Girl and Borderline with the stories about her true love who is a bit of an outsider, also hold up. I liked the Music video too and the one with the men in the cowboy shirts.

Songs, I enjoy her early club stuff, and the Ray of Light album, and then some other scattered songs.

I never cared a lot for the video where she was a peep show dancer (or the song for that matter - I think it was "Open Your Heart")...aside from the fun moment where the hot twin sailors are watching. ^_^

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I think the videos off the Like A Prayer album are her strongest as a bunch. The album is also her most critically acclaimed work, and many fans fight over it and Ray of Light as her best album.

Ray of Light and Bedtime Story also had very strong videos attached to their singles.

Her best and most memorable singles album is definitely the singles off True Blue, though. I think it's the album that produced the most classic and commercially successful singles for her as a bunch.

• Members

Was Dear Jessie from True Blue (I know that was Europe only)?

I think True Blue is an underrated song, and she let a fan come up with the concept for the video didn't she? Here's Debi Mazar...can't remember if she and Madonna are still friends. It's too bad she always looked so scared on Dancing with the Stars, she has had more personality elsewhere.