European (Non-UK) Soaps, Has Anyone seem Any?

• Members

I came Across A Few Like Swedish Skilda Väldar a version of Sons and Daughters/Verbotene Liebe, Riviera (1991), Il Paradiso delle Signore (2015 -), La Vallée Des Peupliers (1986), Le Temps De Vivre Le Temps D'Aimer (1973) etc,, but know little about them as no one seems To be talking about any of those (except for Riviera's Already closed thread i thought about maybe Initiate this thread

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sure.. I tried a few to find replacements for the boring US soaps. I still love my GH and YR but there are way better soaps out there.

But interesting that one year after Germany did their soap opera verbotene liebe that the they from Sweden did their own. Never heard about it. I just know that Poland did a version of their own of “Unter uns”..

I will check this Swedish version out

• Members

A Few Spanish Ones: 

Calle Nueva (1997 - 2000)

Herederos (2007 - 09)

Yo Soy Bea (2006 - 09) A Version of Yo Soy Betty La Fea aka Ugly Betty

Amar En Tiempos Revueltos (2005 - 12) Period Soap

El Secreto De Puente Viejo (2011 - 20) Period Soap 

Acacias 38 (2015 - 21) Period Soap

Seis Hermanas (2015 - 17) Period Soap

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

My favorite Soap “Plus Belle La Vie” got cancelled after 18 years and 4666 Episodes in November 2022 on France 3!

BUT TF1 who airs YR etc. and has some own soap operas since like 2017 had bought the Show and will bring PBLV back in 2024 with new and old characters!

U guys have no idea how hyped I am right now

• Members

Through the years, I've seen Cento Vetrine (Italian soap) meaning "Hundred Windows", and is set in a shopping mall, if I remember correctly (hence the name

).

There was also Incantessimo (Magic spell), which is also an Italian soap. That was hugely popular in my country.

Obviously I have watched Croatian version of Germany's Verbotene Liebe. This was Croatia's first attempt at having an ongoing soap opera and it ran for several years before being cancelled. I was into it for a bit, but finally I gave up on. Cast was changing so fast, it was annoying. 

Also, coming from Croatia, we can watch also Serbian channels, so I have seen some of their soap Srecni ljudi (Happy people). 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ugh…. b
BBC has axed “Doctors” which is on the air since 2000. The show started Classics from episode 1 in august… And now BBC has decided coz of the increased inflation in the drama category to cancel it. BUT it will get a proper finale.

Last episode will be filmed in March 2024 and aired in December 2024!

And that after twi of the longest running characters just left the show. Shouldn’t that have helped them to save some money? But hey. They axed Holby and now Doctors

but put everything into EE

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Yes.. U have to get the apps for them.. VRT for Thuis, VTM for Familie and Videoland for GTST.. Then a VPN and a imaginary account set in Belgium (u just have to type in a fake street based there) and one for the Netherlands

There is no other way anymore around it.. U can find Thuis on YouTube with a lot of episodes but not chronological anymore coz it got deleted. A Superfan Daniel uploaded the first 4030 and got even invited to the fan  event and an Article as an honor about him but they gave him a polite warning to delete the episodes and stop uploading new ones. 

U can download the episodes from VTM and VRT easily even though it’s all in order there. Videoland I didn’t tried. 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover