DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

A company with as much CEO drama as Dimera can't be doing that well for investors. It's unstable. Or maybe it doesn't matter who's CEO-ing because it has competent middle management making sure profits happen. In any case, since the actual business is irrelevant, I'm ready to just make them all Co CEO, or have EJ or Jonny or whoever sci-fi the rest of the family to put an end to this. 

I'm intrigued by the clone comment because it makes me think Marlena may actually die this time. It's unlikely her clones aged with her. Maybe we can get a groundbreaking story with a Marlena clone who falls for EJ, who then can be revealed to be a John clone (why not, his origin story is weird and he aged really damn fast). Oh, it's clones plural, bring on two for a triangle (bonus-original Marlena is a twin too!). There's your new Jarlena story. 

I guess they could say the Marlena on screen is the clone, and we'd need to find real Marlena. They could make history and kill a Marlena every few weeks until we find the right one. In any case, much more fun to me to think about that line and it's unlikely implications than what's actually happening. 

I'm also intrigued by Sydney. They didn't have to make an excuse for Sami, since there are other missing family members. What exactly could Sydney be up to that requires Sami to mother through it? Can we go beyond Salem to see it? 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

DOOL Oct. 14, 2022 Peacock

Our cast of characters: John, Stephanie, Kayla, Steve, Joey, Tripp. Brady, Kristen, Eric, Jada, Nichole, Chloe

John takes the orchid Orpheus sent as torture to them & hurls it to the ground, breaking it & sending dirt & flowers all over the lobby of the Nurses station. Stephanie is upset. Just that moment Joey & Tripp run in, having just arrived from the airport. They are gonna go mask up but Steve tells them no need.

Kristen is taunting Brady telling him that if she had that orchid they could negotiate terms.

John tells Stephanie that it wasn't the special orchid. Instead it was the one that Orpheus had sent with a taunting message! Stephanie says that son of a bitch is twisting the knife.

Kayla explains that it is a poison with only one cure which requires a rare nearly extinct plant, one of a kind orchid. Police have looked at all  of Rolf's properties and found nothing. Joey said we didn't tell you we were coming because we thought you'd try to talk us out of it. Tripp: we have missed you & we could tell you weren't giving us the blow-by-bow over the phone, so we decided we had no choice but to come immediately, so we did.

Kayla said, "I am so tired, so sleepy, so weak & I am so glad you are here. Just hearing your voice brings me so much joy.

Brady says to Kristen: You're lying!

Kristen says: I discussed this with Dr. Rolf. He said he moved everything sensitive to another facility.The orchid was a part of the regular RX run.

And, again, Rolf has gotten seedlings from the original in case something goes wrong. Brady, Okay, where is it?

Eric talking to Jada - Kate & Roman got married, right here in her hospital room. I officiated. It was very hard to get through but they were so happy to be getting married!

Jada & you got to bring them that happiness by doing the marriage ceremony.

Kristen- I have th  orchid stashed in a safe place. I will prove I am not bluffing. She extends her phone. Look at this picture. That is the orchid you need.

Brady - Okay, that is a photo of an orchid.

Kristen - Right now, a serum is being made from the material of the orchid.

Brady - Okay, you are fond of quid pro quo, what is itt hat you want for the formula? What do you get out of this?

Kayla says that having them all here is all she needs

Steve goes to check on Marlena.

Joey - So Orpheus wanted to get even,

Kayla - all from the past

Tripp - I am mad at myself for wasting so much time being angry with you. I wouldn't even have become a doctor if not for you, Kayla.

Joey - and you & Dad stood by me through so much stuff, just the worst part of my life, even.

Stephanie & Steve - embrace

John - she's getting weaker & weaker

Stephanie - The boys are probably mad at me.

John to Steve - You thought that we should have ended Orpheus right after the pardon. You were right & I talked you out of it.

Brady - So you want to swap. For the orchid you get shared custody of Rachel.

Kristen - I love my little girl. I want you to break it off with Chloe & then get back with me.

Brady - People will know you used the orchid to force me.

Kristen - Rachel hates Chloe. She's been through so much. We need to put her first & give her a full set of parents who live together & love her.  There's no hope for you.

Chloe - trying to keep this distance up between me & Brady is so hard.

Nicole - Does Rachel really need to know everyone her father spends time with?

Chloe - I don't know how to    Oh, it's so hard.

Eric to Jada - Kate can barely hold her head up. Roman accidentally shot Orpheus's wife at a summer gathering

Jada - I went through Rolf's belongings in the most minute method. I wanted to be your hero & bring you that trace element that would have saved three women, women who are in need of saving! I wanted to be our hero & tell you I did it all for you.

Stephanie - Mom, the boys won't leave your room.

Kayla - Do not blame your sister. It was me that didn't want you told what was happening, who kept you in the dark.

Steve - I just want to go find the guy. You know he said he wants to WATCH us as we suffer because he can now see!

Steve - but realistically what can we do?

John - We've faced impossible odds before. But, I have never felt as helpless as I do now. Steve, in all those interviews

Steve- When I think of all the years when I was not with Kayla & could've been, …I can't live without her. We're running out of time.

John - We have to live for each moment, precious though it is.

Kayla didn't want you guys to come. Stephanie did & she was right. How about you go now & get food for the whole family & we'll eat here together. Kayla piped up with a feeble sounding, "But not cafeteria food!"  So they came back with about a half dozen pizzas. One was mushroom because Kayla likes that best.

Rafe & Jada saw Nicole & Eric embracing right after he got a phone call. Jada staked her claim, let me know in clear terms that that is her boyfriend.

Nicole - I backed off, of course, but I can still feel the pull between Eric & me.

Eric - Jada, you have been in association all along.

Rolf says they will need a secoind dose & they may even need a booster.

Stephanie - I'm glad Joey & Tripp are here. All I want is more time with her.

Brady - Okay, Kristen I won't saw a word to Chloe until the women have had their first dose & it seems to be working. But, you cannot make me love you.

Kristen - The serum is almost ready. I get that I'm in that area between love and hate. I'll take my chances!

Brady leaves Kristen with her sorta writhing on the bed. Kayla proclaims this pizza to be the best she's ever had.

Eric is on the phone with Sami.

Jada comes running up with the serum in her hand, a brown vial. John thinks it is more torture & goes to dash it to the ground but Jada stops him & the show & the week are over.

Edited by Tonksadora
more

• Members

If I was Brady, I'd be doing everything I could to find a way to double cross Kristen and then like destroy her in every way possible. Never was a big fan of storylines like this, on any soap, not just Days. 

Best part of the episode was the Johnson family scenes. They were so good. And, welcome back, Tripp. We've missed you 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

And his inventive way to make noises with plastic straws and spoons. Oy! If there is one positive thing I could say about the character of Alex is that I like some of his buttoned shirts. Some of them are really cute and would look really cute on me. I think they're Nick Graham shirts, but I'm not sure.