Most Insufferable Characters in Soaps today

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am also cracking up at the multiple posts citing the entire cast of B&B.

For me, it’s mostly Liam, who doesn’t even bother me as much as he used to. He isn’t helped by SC’s Van Wilder meets Chandler Bing acting choices. To me, that’s what really makes him annoying/insufferable, not even his character flaws.

What annoys me the most about characters on B&B (Ridge, Brooke, and Steffy are probably the most guilty) is the holier than thou hypocrisy and the utter lack of respect when speaking to people about their close relatives. That is just so foreign from the way I was raised, I could not imagine saying such things about a person’s parent to their face without being fully prepared to receive a punch or a slap.

Zende is a total cornball but I can put up with him. Zoe, I could not STAND. The actress is 180 degrees more likeable on Fantasy Island.

On DOOL, hands down, Alex. I don’t know whose idea it was to have him always chewing, slurping, biting down on everything from nuts and ice cream to his glasses and his own fingers, but he drives me up the wall.

Leo is annoying but that’s thanks to his lame dialogue which is not (in my best Victoria Lord) a’tall clever or cute. And I wanna know who on the writing staff has a crush (or worse) on GR, because when Gwen was describing his “perfect bubble ass” I did a Bea Arthur slow burn towards the imaginary camera.

SH’s Kristen, I’m just sick of the tiresome Teflon treatment. Either send her away for a good long while, or ease up on her always committing some unforgivable crime.

• Members

Days-Susan-she isn't on a lot, but I can't stand her.  I could barely tolerate her in the ED days, but I want to change my channel (or turn off Peacock lol) every time I hear her grating voice.

Sarah is probably the second most annoying character to me.  Everything about the way LG plays her from her baby voice to her quirkiness, her weird, sliding scale of morality with Xander, her time as Renee and as young Sarah-I just can't stand Sarah.

Kristen-I am so over the character.

GH-There are a long list of characters I find completely useless-Cody, Austin, Willow, Brando, Drew, Finn, Nina, etc, but I would say Carly and Michael rank as most insufferable.  There are definitely times and eras where I have liked Carly, but she's been fairly insufferable for years now.  I liked Michael in the early Chad Duell years, but I haven't liked him in at least 7 or 8 years.  I find him so judgmental and obnoxious