In-post text formatting no longer working? BBCode?

beebs

• Members

Just tried to do some text formatting the old way of [b]text[/b] (to, in this example, make my print bold without having to manually click the bold tool in the header), and it seems to no longer work with the new forum update? Is there a way to make it work or to fix this on your end? I THINK this is called BBCode but I'm just guessing.

Edited by beebs

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks @Errol for the extra info.

Unfortunately, this is more of an issue for me re: my blog posts, which I write offsite and copy/paste into the post editor here. BBCode helped me format my posts and add the relevant avatars before moving them here, so it's a matter of figuring out a new way of writing the posts in a way that doesn't involve me going line-by-line, bolding and italicizing names over and over on text I've already written, since evidently, Invision has decided BBCode is "old" and therefore not worth keeping. Oh well.

It's unfortunate, but I understand, it's not your doing. Thanks for clarifying!

• Webmaster

Looked into it and it seems we can keep BBCode enabled, but there is a chance it'll be completely removed from our platform at anytime. Therefore, I've re-enabled the option.

"BBCode is a legacy markup language that was originally designed to allow users to submit rich content prior to the advancement of WYSIWYG editors. BBCode support is deprecated and may be removed in a future release, and we recommend leaving this option disabled for greater performance and reliability if your community does not rely on BBCode parsing to format posts."