Ratings From the 90's

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Question -- When in 1990 did WNBC in New York change the soap lineup to Generations at 11:30, Santa Barbara at 12 and Days of Our Lives and Another World in pattern? I ask because I see that it had already happened by mid-May.

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/threads/retro-new-york-city-wednesday-may-16-1990.749281/

Edited by Franko

• Members

Per the Daily News archives, WNBC schedule:

Ending 1/19/90:
Golden Girls 11AM
227 1130AM
3rd Degree 12PM (syndicated, not NBC, game show)
Generations 1230PM
Santa Barbara 3PM

Beginning 1/22/90:
Win, Lose or Draw 11AM
Generations 1130AM
Santa Barbara 12PM
Classic Concentration 3PM
Scrabble 330PM
Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Thank you, Jason! I'm guessing that Win, Lose or Draw was filler until Marsha Warfield's show debuted in March. I'm wondering if it was reruns of the network run, or if WNBC was briefly airing the syndicated version.

For the 1990-91 season, WNBC's 3 p.m. timeslot went to The Joan Rivers Show, which previously aired at 9 a.m. on WCBS. Joan was the lead-in to Donahue.

Also of note, WNBC, WCBS and WABC came to play at 4 p.m. in those days, with Donahue vs. Geraldo vs. Oprah. Geraldo lost -- by spring 1991, WCBS was airing Matlock reruns in that timeslot.

• Members

I didn't compare it to the Nielsen NBC list, so I was just thinking Win, Lose or Draw was still in its network run, but I see now that ended in 1989. Also, I noticed WNBC brought back Scrabble later in 1990 (just as a local run, it didn't seem to air on any other affiliate) up until Joan Rivers took the time slot in September 1990. I don't see any mention of Scrabble having a syndicated run, so I guess being they were the main NBC affiliate, they could just air repeats of a former network show like Scrabble?